First time in BA lounges JFK

Old Oct 19, 19, 7:04 am
Original Poster

First time in BA lounges JFK

I’ve been to NYC numerous times but usually fly out BA & back AA. Next month will be the first time going BA both ways.

The AA Flagship lounge at JFK is IMO excellent with decent food options and usually good champagne. We’re flying in J but both BA Gold. Any advice, suggestions, recommendations etc?

Also, is the meal service on BA 112 an express meal, should we eat in the lounge etc?

Thanks
Old Oct 19, 19, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
I'd start bylooking at the info on the lounge data base and then do a search for one of the many existing threads on the JFK lounge.
Old Oct 19, 19, 7:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
I’ve been to NYC numerous times but usually fly out BA & back AA. Next month will be the first time going BA both ways.

The AA Flagship lounge at JFK is IMO excellent with decent food options and usually good champagne. We’re flying in J but both BA Gold. Any advice, suggestions, recommendations etc?

Also, is the meal service on BA 112 an express meal, should we eat in the lounge etc?

Thanks
you should eat in the lounge because it’s a short overnight flight and if you eat, you’ll likely end up with 3.5 hours of sleep at best
Old Oct 19, 19, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
I did the BA JFK-LHR flight about 18 months ago in CW. We looked at the pre-flight supper option. Didn’t think the food was special and opted to dine on board. Although it was a sleeper service a full menu was offered. As a short flight I opted for extra sleep and no breakfast on board instead dining at the arrivals lounge.
Old Oct 19, 19, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Titanium Hertz Gold
IMO eat at the lounge or one of restaurants in the airport and get sleep on flight.
Old Oct 19, 19, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
There is no true ‘sleeper service’ any more, every CW flight has the option of an ‘express tray’ for those who want to eat quickly and a full meal service for those who want it. On a night flight from the US this is (effectively) served by candlelight. It actually works quite well and on night flights most crews will create a bespoke menu of whatever you want to eat.
Old Oct 19, 19, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Hi, as OWE (Gold) and flying BA Biz I'd use the dedicated pre dine option and maximise sleep onboard (I don't drink alcohol on flights so this is my take)
As you approach the Lounge entrance, you have the 'First' on your left and OWS 'Biz' on your right - As a OWE (Gold ) i'd turn left, then its almost a kinda right and ahead to the dedicated podium for pre flight dining if flying in CW.
The new 'First wing' (if you can call it that) has a decent selection of drinks/nibbles
You can also turn right at the entrance and sample the normal OWS and J offerings.
Happy flight
Old Oct 19, 19, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
I tried to heed all the above advice about dining in the lounge.

Had far too much Krug in AA F dining, then the onboard dinner menu looked delicious, the crew were great, nobody else seemed to be drinking the bubbles, finished with cheese and woke up above Cardiff. It felt like a long sleep... best laid plans and all that.

So make a plan but remain flexible.
Old Oct 19, 19, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist View Post
I tried to heed all the above advice about dining in the lounge.

Had far too much Krug in AA F dining, then the onboard dinner menu looked delicious, the crew were great, nobody else seemed to be drinking the bubbles, finished with cheese and woke up above Cardiff. It felt like a long sleep... best laid plans and all that.

So make a plan but remain flexible.
Correct me if I have misread the OP - They are flying BA term 7 as OWE in BIZ, where's AA Flagship First fit in this? Agree its really nice when one has access to it Thought they where asking about actual options at BA term 7 and some experience thereof!
T
Old Oct 19, 19, 9:04 pm
mhy

Programs: JAL Diamond / Oneworld Emerald
Do preflight dining in the First lounge and go to sleep as soon as your flight allows you to put your seat in bed mode. I was in the new Club Lounge last month and the food was very good. I thought the Club Lounge had better food than the AA flagship lounge (never tried Flagship Dining though)

I imagine the F lounge has slightly better options.
TTmex likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: