Wiki Posts
Search

WT+ on 777-200 from Bangkok - London

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ALL Gold
WT+ on 777-200 from Bangkok - London

Hello all, I've been trying to find out how the WT+ seats are like on the ancient 777-200 that operates BKK-LHR but have not been getting much luck.

Do the WT+ seats have newer IFE? Because from what I can see the normal WT seats have ghastly looking screens that have never been updated.

If anyone has opinions or pictures to share that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jhneoh
Hello all, I've been trying to find out how the WT+ seats are like on the ancient 777-200 that operates BKK-LHR but have not been getting much luck.

Do the WT+ seats have newer IFE? Because from what I can see the normal WT seats have ghastly looking screens that have never been updated.

If anyone has opinions or pictures to share that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance.
IFE will be the least of your worries. BA has horrible WT+ seats. Yesterday, I flew LHR-MIA and my back hurt badly even when I was on a 744 which has better padding than the 772 WT+ seats.

Please note that if you select a bulkhead row, the IFE unit in your seat will have to be stowed away for take-off and landing. The crew on my flight was super rude and just put our IFE screens away without any warning about 35 minutes prior to landing.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
It is indeed the old IFE but I wouldn't worry about it being slow or a poor quality screen, i'd worry about it working at all. Flying the route back in Club a few weeks ago I had a hissing sound so bad you could hear it from the aisle( I was in a window seat) and Mrs Clam had a menu on her screen that wouldn't go away so neither of us had useable IFE at all for the 12.5hr flight. CC reset the row 3 times and the CSM was excellent submitting a complaint via her ipad but i'd strongly advise preloading content onto your phone or tablet to be safe. If they haven't bothered updating J then I'd doubt they have improved the WT+ offering even though it is a newer product.

FYI getting to the airport can be a bit horrific traffic wise( even outside rush hour) so i'd factor in some extra time. If taking a cab to/ from the airport then have some COIN/ small note change to hand as you are expected to pay for the numerous tolls( it's a thing, they aren't ripping you off asking you to pay)Use the premium security up one floor it makes a BIG difference and the CX lounge there is tucked away under a set of escalators by the C gates with no real indication you need to turn around at the bottom to find it. When you get there expect to fight for a seat as it's appallingly overcrowded. ( not sure if you have Status to get you in the lounge). On the upside the bartenders will pour you a very good measure if you say you want a large so that's something.

Not trying to put a downer on things but imo better to know these things and be prepared.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
It is indeed the old IFE but I wouldn't worry about it being slow or a poor quality screen, i'd worry about it working at all. Flying the route back in Club a few weeks ago I had a hissing sound so bad you could hear it from the aisle( I was in a window seat) and Mrs Clam had a menu on her screen that wouldn't go away so neither of us had useable IFE at all for the 12.5hr flight. CC reset the row 3 times and the CSM was excellent submitting a complaint via her ipad but i'd strongly advise preloading content onto your phone or tablet to be safe. If they haven't bothered updating J then I'd doubt they have improved the WT+ offering even though it is a newer product.

FYI getting to the airport can be a bit horrific traffic wise( even outside rush hour) so i'd factor in some extra time. If taking a cab to/ from the airport then have some COIN/ small note change to hand as you are expected to pay for the numerous tolls( it's a thing, they aren't ripping you off asking you to pay)Use the premium security up one floor it makes a BIG difference and the CX lounge there is tucked away under a set of escalators by the C gates with no real indication you need to turn around at the bottom to find it. When you get there expect to fight for a seat as it's appallingly overcrowded. ( not sure if you have Status to get you in the lounge). On the upside the bartenders will pour you a very good measure if you say you want a large so that's something.

Not trying to put a downer on things but imo better to know these things and be prepared.
Other than that it’ll be wonderful 😂😂😂😂

Agree with the above. I stopped using the BA flight shortly after they changed the times, as the new timings did not agree with me. The planes are grotty. I now use any combination of AY, CX, BA, RJ via HEL or HKG. However, if you go in with in low expectations, you might find that your trip is not THAT bad..,.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Plenty of threads discussing the BA09/10 aircraft ...

BA 9 LHR-BKK. Is it getting worse ?
Bangkok aircraft [and other BA 9/10 LHR-BKK vv-related things]
LHR TO BKK - still old 777s?!
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Other than that it’ll be wonderful 😂😂😂😂

Agree with the above. I stopped using the BA flight shortly after they changed the times, as the new timings did not agree with me. The planes are grotty. I now use any combination of AY, CX, BA, RJ via HEL or HKG. However, if you go in with in low expectations, you might find that your trip is not THAT bad..,.

Yes we flew BA LHR-HKG CX HKG-BKK and in retrospect wish we had of mirrored that route back ( but we thought the direct back would be better). I rarely get jet lag but firmly agree the timings did not agree with me either. Aside from one CC who initally gave the impression she didn't feel we belonged in the J cabin ( ironic as we flew out in F and have only take one economy flight with BA ever) I have to defend the crew ( who dont always get the best feedback in some of the threads listed below) in that they were excellent in dealing with our issues and even 'Ms Snotty Nose' changed her attitude reasonably quickly after we got chatting a bit.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ALL Gold
Whew, thanks for the comments everyone. We are based in Penang so were thinking of spending a couple days in Bangkok before flying to London, but if the planes are THAT bad we'll just go through KUL instead.

Thanks again!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
WTP on the 789 from KUL is far superior - right choice indeed
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Probably to low yields from BKK station, BA is allocating the worst metal in their fleet to that route
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Probably to low yields from BKK station, BA is allocating the worst metal in their fleet to that route
Like the 789?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
787 is ghastly in economy...
Passmethesickbag likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.