Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA / Westjet booking on BA.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
BA / Westjet booking on BA.com

Hey folks - apologies if I missed this on another thread, but a few months ago I was able to get an itinerary out of ba.com for a London to Halifax (Canada) trip, which gave options for a Toronto layover of a couple of hours and a connection to a Westjet flight for the rest of the way. At the time I wondered whether any such a booking would have a combined PNR and offer security just in case anything happened with either flights. I ended up postponing the booking.

Now, ba.com doesn’t give this option anymore, unfortunately. It brings an error that Halifax is not a destination BA flies to.

Does anyone know if the Westjet tie-up has seen its last days?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I don't know if they still interline with BA, but WS has been moving to a closer working relationship with SkyTeam airlines in the last year or so, so the BA connection may have been dropped.

Phone up BA and they can sell you a combined BA/Air Canada ticket to get you to YHZ. I have done both options of WS and AC combined with a BA ticket and the AC connection was smoother. From LHR, BA could through check my baggage to my final destination (served by AC) and issue me a boarding pass, while on WS they could only check for the BA flight, I had to go landside and recheck my bag at the WS connection point (YVR) as though I was a YVR originating passenger and also get my WS boarding pass.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Westjet ended their codeshare agreement with BA a couple of years ago. They maintained the interline agreement, if you can no longer get ba.com to give you the connection to WS that you desire you should call and see if they will book it over the phone.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
I regularly book BA westjet tickets on ba.com hut I have to push the itinerary from matrix into ba for it to work.

all connections are protected
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
BA.com will only give you very specific married segments now that the codeshare agreement has been dropped. I have had similar problems getting to YLW, so now I’ve just given up and book separate flights from Calgary.

Phoning up might yield a better result as the last time I tried this, BA were still able to sell WS flights over the phone that weren’t necessarily listed on the website. However this did push the price up massively even though they were selling the cheapest WS tickets. I’ve found it’s cheaper to book separate tickets in a higher fare bucket with the ability to change.

As noted above, WS are aligning themselves with DL/KL/AF more & more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.