Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changes to Global Entry procedure at JFK BA Terminal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Global Entry procedure at JFK BA Terminal?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
No line at GE when I last entered at DTW last month, but definitely got a couple of questions and a stamp as well, for the first time in 3-4 years.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:33 am

Was this Sunday night? If so I was in there I would imagine the same time as you and it was an absolute mess. Also came through Monday night and was through in 1 minute with the new process of not even needing to insert your passport into the machine. I just chalked it up to low staffing, and 4 flights arriving all in a tight window.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:15 am

when we went thru JFk the other week, the queue was backed up the 1st part of the ramp and round the corner.

was no GE machines or that being used, just queueing for everyone to go to the immigration desks, of which over the space of 45mins went from between 2 and 6 desks being open depending on how many flights had come in, on the plus side was no wait for our bags when got thru and guy at our desk was very quick with us as the computer found our pics from last visit, guy stamped at dated passports and we were thru.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Yes they were .. and a lot of very irritated citizens too!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:32 am
Original Poster

The machines were all working perfectly .. just having received your receipt, you then joined a very long queue to be seen by the immigration officer, who then checked visas identity, and stamped the passport!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Yes Sunday night... so sounds like we were just unlucky! Did they do a "stamp and check" process on Monday evening as well?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:43 am

Ravenswell Not that I recall but then again I was through in about 1 minute so wasn't entirely paying attention. The lines for non-US citizens was, however, just as bad as this past Sunday. The arrival on Monday was later though so missed that peak ~7pm time.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Lolbert
System has changed in that machine takes photo, scans passport and spits out a receipt. No fingerprint scan and no answering questions.
Are these new GE machines that don't require fingerprinting? I haven't seen any in ORD yet !
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: CBP
Facial recognition, yo.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I had the old/usual GE machines at JFK T8 last week but had to queue (like a 2min wait) to have my passport stamped. No questions.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Came into JFK T7 a few weeks ago - queuing depends on which gate you come in on, but we had a fair walk to immigration. Oddly on the way US citizens and LPRs shephered to the left and others to the right, only to cross over at the last minute (!). GE machines not working so herded with the other masses with full immigration 'service'.

The degree of checks does seem to vary each time I enter, ranging from being waved straight through (at BWI doing aircraft-kerb in <5 mins HBO), to having the full treatment. (& last arriving with no CBP staff there at al!).
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: Confirmed
Yet UK is granting all US (and other B5JSSK) passport holders free access to epassport gates.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:10 am
Suspended

Any other experiences this week? If GE is a problem, I’ll switch to UA for my trip next week.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by SKRan
Yet UK is granting all US (and other B5JSSK) passport holders free access to epassport gates.
Yeah. I tried it already many times recently and as they say "smooth as silk"
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Yeah. I tried it already many times recently and as they say "smooth as silk"
British Citizen passport to US/Aus - Pay for eta/esta and pay for us global entry.
No general access to Singapore/South Korea/Japan egates.

All these allies get automatic and free epassportgate access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.