Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus lounge access at LHR via BA codeshare flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus lounge access at LHR via BA codeshare flight?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:50 pm
ECR

As far as I recall Aer Lingus used to allow you to purchase lounge access at their owned lounge. I'm not sure if this is still the case, or if it even applied to LHR T2. Having visited this lounge a few times though (with BA Silver) it is definitely not worth paying anything to enter in my opinion.

If the OP has Amex Platinum or Priority Pass then the Plaza Premium LHR T2 lounge is quite nice.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your thoughts! As a BA/EI novice, I appreciated the discussion, especially wrt EI lounge access requiring BA status — the context helped explain some of the information I had found elsewhere on the internet.

Seems like the BA Arrivals Lounge is definitely my best bet. It sounds like the main difference between airside and landside connection is about a 20m Heathrow Express ride, so I should budget at least that much extra time for the transfer.

Should be enough time to get a bite to eat and take a breather after the long flight.

Thanks again to everyone for their advice!
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
We will be on an incoming ba flight soon from KUL to LHR T5 and leaving for BHD on IE 6 hours later.
Long Haul is WT+ and Short Haul Economy.
We have PP lounge access and I think that I am correct in that we won't have a way to use the BA T5 lounges so best to use either the IE lounge or the Plaza Premium lounge in T2. It would have been so much nicer to use Galleries South for most of that time.

Last edited by Stormbel; Dec 3, 2019 at 7:49 am
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Stormbel
We have PP lounge access and I think that I am correct in that we won't have a way to use the BA T5 lounges so best to use either the IE lounge or the Plaza Premium lounge in T2. It would have been so much nicer to use Galleries South for most of that time.
Yes, in this scenario these two are your only options, and in fact Gold Circle T2 is the better of the two. It's not that exciting but if you are used to Galleries Club then it may come as a nice change, rather anything obviously better than GC. You won't have access to T5 unless you are departing T5.
Stormbel likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
That's correct. You wouldn't have access to T5 lounges.

(plase note the code for Air Lingus is EI not IE which is Solomon Airlines)
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:29 pm

We will be on an incoming ba flight soon from KUL to LHR T5 and leaving for BHD on IE 6 hours later.
Long Haul is WT+ and Short Haul Economy.
Go for plaza premium in my opinion, especially if you want any food.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
No access unless you have BA or EI status, regardless of class of travel or if it’s BA stock (which is absurd). It’s only reason for being there is to serve status pax and connecting EI J pax. Lounge rules in DUB are slightly different. You can get in if you’re connecting KLM J and BA J etc even on EI Y to start with (has to be on KLM or BA stock) not sure about other airlines
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by W213Sal
No access unless you have BA or EI status, regardless of class of travel or if it’s BA stock (which is absurd). It’s only reason for being there is to serve status pax and connecting EI J pax. Lounge rules in DUB are slightly different. You can get in if you’re connecting KLM J and BA J etc even on EI Y to start with (has to be on KLM or BA stock) not sure about other airlines
I thought BA silver and golds got access to the EI lounge in T2 when on an EI flight to Ireland regardless of whether it is booked as BA or EI marketed flight and ticket stock. Does this not include BHD as well? In fact that is what cws seems to be advising above?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, in this scenario these two are your only options, and in fact Gold Circle T2 is the better of the two.
With 6 hours to kill and especially if you prefer HEX/Tube over the bus, you could if you wanted also check out the PP T2 arrivals lounge before security. It's pretty small and not much to see, but has decent showers.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
We are both Silver, arriving on b a flight travelling in WT+.
My understanding is that Silver had access to the Aer Lingus lounge, wherever the destination on their routes. I didn't realise that we could use the PP arrivals lounge.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
My understanding is that Silver had access to the Aer Lingus lounge, wherever the destination on their routes. I didn't realise that we could use the PP arrivals lounge.
As long as you are on EI departing T2 then yes to using the EI lounge.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:30 pm

To clarify, my suggestion was based on you saying you had PP lounge access (presumably via Amex etc). Your BA status would *not* get you into the arrivals lounge.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
I thought BA silver and golds got access to the EI lounge in T2 when on an EI flight to Ireland regardless of whether it is booked as BA or EI marketed flight and ticket stock. Does this not include BHD as well? In fact that is what cws seems to be advising above?
Apologies maybe I was going around in circles

BA silver and gold have access to EI lounges in LHR T2 while flying EI regardless of ticket type etc (to any destination)
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.