Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can you change return leg of 2-4-1 after travelling outbound?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Quick question - currently in Japan for the World Cup; due to fly home on Monday, the day after Scotland v Japan. Working through options if that game is canned or played behind closed doors - one of which is clearly to (try to) come home early.

We’ve already flown the outbound of our 2-4-1 booking - can we change the inbound? Something in my memory is saying no, but I can’t find that written anywhere.

Thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Generally, the date of your return flight can be moved provided you are at least 24 before the time your original outbound inbound is scheduled to depart. You will, of course, need to find Avios availability for your new inbound and you will need to call.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Oct 9, 2019 at 11:28 pm Reason: fixed outbound inbound typo
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Generally, the date of your return flight can be moved provided you are at least 24 before the time your original outbound is scheduled to depart. You will, of course, need to find Avios availability for your new inbound and you will need to call.
So that’s a no then? Thought as much, sadly - thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Generally, the date of your return flight can be moved provided you are at least 24 before the time your original outbound inbound is scheduled to depart. You will, of course, need to find Avios availability for your new inbound and you will need to call.
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
So that’s a no then? Thought as much, sadly - thanks.
Uh, that was a yes, if there is at least 24 hours before your scheduled return. You scheduled return is Monday, if there is availability you could change to a flight leaving Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (and possibly even Sunday depending upon the time of your scheduled monday departure).

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Oct 9, 2019 at 11:28 pm
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Uh, that was a yes, if there is at least 24 hours before your scheduled return. You scheduled return is Monday, if there is availability you could change to a flight leaving Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (and possibly even Sunday depending upon the time of your scheduled monday departure).
Ab okay, thanks! Was misreading your refs to outbound flight. In the event, world rugby has announced that we won’t get a decision until Sunday morning anyway, so looks like we’re staying put!
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Ab okay, thanks! Was misreading your refs to outbound flight. In the event, world rugby has announced that we won’t get a decision until Sunday morning anyway, so looks like we’re staying put!
Oops, Sorry, that was my mistake should have been inbound. I've fixed it.
Scots_Al likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.