FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Can you change return leg of 2-4-1 after travelling outbound? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1990703-can-you-change-return-leg-2-4-1-after-travelling-outbound.html)

Scots_Al Oct 9, 2019 5:39 pm

Can you change return leg of 2-4-1 after travelling outbound?

Quick question - currently in Japan for the World Cup; due to fly home on Monday, the day after Scotland v Japan. Working through options if that game is canned or played behind closed doors - one of which is clearly to (try to) come home early.

We’ve already flown the outbound of our 2-4-1 booking - can we change the inbound? Something in my memory is saying no, but I can’t find that written anywhere.

Thanks.

jerry a. laska Oct 9, 2019 5:58 pm

Generally, the date of your return flight can be moved provided you are at least 24 before the time your original outbound inbound is scheduled to depart. You will, of course, need to find Avios availability for your new inbound and you will need to call.

Scots_Al Oct 9, 2019 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 31611128)
Generally, the date of your return flight can be moved provided you are at least 24 before the time your original outbound is scheduled to depart. You will, of course, need to find Avios availability for your new inbound and you will need to call.

So that’s a no then? Thought as much, sadly - thanks.

jerry a. laska Oct 9, 2019 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 31611128)
Generally, the date of your return flight can be moved provided you are at least 24 before the time your original outbound inbound is scheduled to depart. You will, of course, need to find Avios availability for your new inbound and you will need to call.

Originally Posted by Scots_Al (Post 31611509)
So that’s a no then? Thought as much, sadly - thanks.

Uh, that was a yes, if there is at least 24 hours before your scheduled return. You scheduled return is Monday, if there is availability you could change to a flight leaving Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (and possibly even Sunday depending upon the time of your scheduled monday departure).

Scots_Al Oct 9, 2019 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 31611575)
Uh, that was a yes, if there is at least 24 hours before your scheduled return. You scheduled return is Monday, if there is availability you could change to a flight leaving Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (and possibly even Sunday depending upon the time of your scheduled monday departure).

Ab okay, thanks! Was misreading your refs to outbound flight. In the event, world rugby has announced that we won’t get a decision until Sunday morning anyway, so looks like we’re staying put!

jerry a. laska Oct 9, 2019 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Scots_Al (Post 31611649)
Ab okay, thanks! Was misreading your refs to outbound flight. In the event, world rugby has announced that we won’t get a decision until Sunday morning anyway, so looks like we’re staying put!

Oops, Sorry, that was my mistake should have been inbound. I've fixed it.