FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   London Christmas Drinks : Friday 20 December 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1990663-london-christmas-drinks-friday-20-december-2019-a.html)

KARFA Oct 9, 2019 10:36 am

London Christmas Drinks : Friday 20 December 2019

Hi. Back again is the December Christmas drinks in London. It will be fairly low key like in previous years and will basically be a venue, date, and time.

As for dates there will be no poll this year and we are going for the evening Friday 20 December. Hopefully this should allow both those local to London to come and those from the regions to come down.

The venue is likely to be the same place as last year, so Union Bar on George Street in Marylebone, central London. It has been kindly booked thanks to teledude and we have use of the downstairs bar. The evening will be from 5pm until close, just turn up when you can.

I realise that many will have various Christmas events so may not be able to come, but hopefully some will be able to and we can have a good night.

cistavoda Oct 9, 2019 10:41 am

Definitely not coming. Sorry for my poor english. Flights are waitlisted so it's up to AY now...
Waitlist cleared, tickets in hand. See you lot in December!

Irreverent Medusa Oct 9, 2019 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31609685)
The venue is likely to be the same place as last year, so Union Bar on George Street in Marylebone, central London. It has been kindly booked thanks to teledude and we have use of the downstairs bar.

Remember that we need a priority lane at the bar this year!

KARFA Oct 9, 2019 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Irreverent Medusa (Post 31610117)
Remember that we need a priority lane at the bar this year!

It should be better this year, we will be downstairs so using the bar down there :)

Irreverent Medusa Oct 9, 2019 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31610146)
It should be better this year, we will be downstairs so using the bar down there :)

But, but, but... I was looking forward to barging through the crowd, waving some glittery and bejewelled "FT Super Priority" card :D

ibmman69 Oct 9, 2019 12:42 pm

I will be in London at this time, and would love to meet some folks.

This is on my calendar.

florens Oct 9, 2019 1:09 pm

I can‘t make it due to work commitments. :(

final_call Oct 9, 2019 1:18 pm

I will endeavour to make this as it would be great to finally meet some of you.

johnaalex Oct 9, 2019 1:22 pm

Put me down as definite maybe - I am still "awaiting orders" with regard to Christmas ;)

srbrenna Oct 9, 2019 3:48 pm

I reckon I can make this one. See all there!

Geordie405 Oct 9, 2019 3:58 pm

I'm a no unfortunately as I will be flying from LAS - LHR on the 20th so arriving a day too late to partake :(

TTmex Oct 9, 2019 4:40 pm

I won't be UK bound again until the 12th Jan. But I'll be in GF on Feb 1st if anyone is breaking their dry January habits. Would love to join one of these events soon.

flylikelinz Oct 9, 2019 4:42 pm

Oh no!! Fly to Paris on the 20th 😭

teledude Oct 9, 2019 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Irreverent Medusa (Post 31610158)
But, but, but... I was looking forward to barging through the crowd, waving some glittery and bejewelled "FT Super Priority" card :D

Happy to arrange a queue just for you!

On a serious note. We have a dedicated bar and the best staff. And I’ll be there :D

WickedStepMother Oct 9, 2019 8:13 pm

I was hoping it would be a week earlier. I’m off to Malta on 15th December so I won’t be able to make it this time.
:(