Wiki Posts
Search

BA multi carrier award

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond
BA multi carrier award

Not many recent postings on experiences with BA multi carrier award. I’ve just flown one and booked another one, I think this is very useful if you’re flexible and also beneficial if your schedule is slightly fluid (cancellation up to 24hrs before)

my first booking (all J):
BOS-HKG-KUL (CX + MH) ; KUL-NRT-BOS (JAL) - 200k Avios + £450 tax

second booking (all J):
LHR-KUL (MH) ; KUL-SGN (MH) ; SGN-HKG-PVG (CX) ; PVG-HKG-KUL (CX+MH) ; KUL-LHR (MH) - 200k Avios + £670 tax)

exactly the routes wanted to travel and availability on the days I needed them. Cash booking would be unaffordable, I believe it’s good use of Avios.

i didn’t try to put more than 8 segments onto the bookings, not sure if it would price if there are more than 8 segments, or it would come back with a different pricing category.

When I first called to book my second trip, one agent told me that I couldn’t backtrack on the booking (eg to/from PVG), I told him that I think it would work but he’s having none of it. I thanked him then HUCA’d......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.