Moved from exit row

Old Oct 7, 19, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC silver
Moved from exit row

Hi all,

A couple of months ago I booked a return flight for 2 LHR-INN (Innsbruck) in economy late February and as silver managed to nab 2 exit row seats (row 12) in both directions. This weekend BA emailed to say our seats on the return leg (INN-LHR) had changed and we're now row 16.

Seat map still shows cabin up to row 10 so I presume these are still economy & haven't been allocated to Club Europe? Am I correct in that assumption, and if so does anyone know why we might have been shifted? Rows 10, 11 & 12 are all now blocked/filled.
Old Oct 7, 19, 8:32 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, CCR, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
Sounds like the CE cabin has been extended to row 9. The next 3 rows will have been blocked as buffer in case they decide to increase the CE cabin further. If the curtain stays where it is, then you'll be able to slot yourselves back into Row 12 at around T-72..
alpenlupe and orbitmic like this.
Old Oct 7, 19, 8:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alpenlupe View Post
Hi all,

A couple of months ago I booked a return flight for 2 LHR-INN (Innsbruck) in economy late February and as silver managed to nab 2 exit row seats (row 12) in both directions. This weekend BA emailed to say our seats on the return leg (INN-LHR) had changed and we're now row 16.

Seat map still shows cabin up to row 10 so I presume these are still economy & haven't been allocated to Club Europe? Am I correct in that assumption, and if so, why have we been shifted? Rows 10, 11 & 12 are all now blocked/filled.
So it sounds like what has happened is the CE cabin has increased and usually the 2/3 rows behind are then blocked to allow for possibly further expansion. Unfortunately row 10 fell in to that blocked zone so everyone will have been shifted back.
alpenlupe likes this.
Old Oct 7, 19, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 19, 8:38 am

I don't know if this is at all related, but a couple of years ago on a return leg from INN to LGW I had checked in the night before and already had my boarding pass on my phone. It was an aisle seat in the second row of ET.
When I dropped of my luggage at the counter the agent informed me that my seat had been changed for operational reasons, and here was my new boarding pass. It was a middle seat at the very back of the plane. I was Gold at the time and pretty peeved, but any amount of protesting didn't change anything, he just said there was nothing he could do and he couldn't give me a reason.
I thought maybe the curtain had been moved back, but when I got on the plane my original seat was still firmly in ET, just occupied by another person.
What is it about INN?
Old Oct 7, 19, 8:44 am
Original Poster

My last flight from INN (earlier this year) cabin crew moved the curtain a couple of rows further back extending Club Europe after most of us had boarded and some middle seats in the new Club Europe were occupied (6 abreast in CE).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: