FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   T5 - systems down, unable to board (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1989850-t5-systems-down-unable-board.html)

Charlie120 Oct 3, 2019 7:12 am

T5 - systems down, unable to board

Currently at T5 waiting to board for Paris at gate A5 but they’re unable to start the process as the “internet and computers are down”.

Looks like some other gates are boarding, but we've been advised to return to the lounge or take seats as it could be any length of time.

Not sure if it’s a wider issue or just this gate!

Charlie120 Oct 3, 2019 7:14 am

Just heard an announcement at A4 - they’re having the same issue. “You could be waiting for quite some time as our computers are down.”

wwta Oct 3, 2019 7:34 am

Seems that FLY and the backup JFE system are both down. Galleries cust svc unaware of issue but gate staff encouraging a return to lounge to wait out delays. I think flights that were in boarding before outage are able to continue boarding but maybe not close out the flight for dispatch.

wwta Oct 3, 2019 7:46 am

A MUC flight is boarding but all other A gates departures still stuck... with aircraft stuck on gates, will shortly create knock-on effects for afternoon arrivals

Charlie120 Oct 3, 2019 7:50 am

I’ve managed to board.

It involved two manual checks of passport and boarding pass - the second of which had the agent telling somebody the seat number and surname by phone for each passenger.

Looks like it’s going to be a long process...

Scots_Al Oct 3, 2019 7:51 am

Fly broken again? What a joke BA’s IT buyers are.

13901 Oct 3, 2019 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Scots_Al (Post 31589573)

Without solutionising, if JFE is down as well then it ain’t a problem caused by BA. FLY relies on the SIP middleware and both are BA’s; if JFE is down too then it’s an Amadeus outage for which BA can’t do much...

BA707 Oct 3, 2019 8:22 am

Just called the gold line by chance and told their systems are down so suspect it to be related. Unable to get into any bookings and suggested to try in a few hours.
I remarked "it's not the first time" and the lady had a good chuckle at that :p :p :p

cheryltheperil Oct 3, 2019 8:28 am

Everything on the departure boards now showing a delay in T5.

tuonopepper Oct 3, 2019 8:54 am

Originally Posted by wwta (Post 31589520)
Seems that FLY and the backup JFE system are both down. Galleries cust svc unaware of issue but gate staff encouraging a return to lounge to wait out delays. I think flights that were in boarding before outage are able to continue boarding but maybe not close out the flight for dispatch.

Well its been a few weeks since they failed I guess......

internetplumber Oct 3, 2019 11:46 am

Landed from ATH at 17:27 and according the pilot we were asked to hold short of T5 (we did appear to be overtaken by half a dozen other aircraft). As we eventually moved towards a gate I could see the orange guidance display wasn't on, so I assume that's the reason we were waiting a couple more minutes before pulling up to the stand. Then took another 10 minutes to find someone to connect the jetty. The pilot (or FO) blamed a systems outage.

Tobias-UK Oct 3, 2019 12:09 pm

I suspect given the lack of activity on here the matter must have been a temporary blip and all ops back to normal.

internetplumber Oct 3, 2019 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 31590585)
I suspect given the lack of activity on here the matter must have been a temporary blip and all ops back to normal.

Just reporting what we were told. :)

Seem to be a few delays on the boards though. Nothing major, but 30-60 mins for a few consecutive flights.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...bca2747f87.png

Tobias-UK Oct 3, 2019 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by internetplumber (Post 31590672)
Just reporting what we were told. :)

And thank you for doing so ^

It looks like the “?” I typed at the end of my post posted as a “.” ��

RockyRobin Oct 3, 2019 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Scots_Al (Post 31589573)

Eh you mean how bad are BA's Technology staff at defining their specification and non-functional requirements

Love from an IT Buyer