British Airways NCE - lack of Fasttrack

Old Oct 2, 19, 6:45 am
Original Poster

British Airways NCE - lack of Fasttrack

As one of the largest operators at NCE T1 can someone explain why BA doesn't have Fasttrack for even CE passengers never mind Gold etc. Yesterday (1st Oct) the queues / despite a very efficient service) were still almost 30 min and when you see the fasttrack service offered to almost everyone but BA it begs the question "what have they done to upset the terminal operators"? - just interested to know why !
Old Oct 2, 19, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
BA don't pay for this - simple
ba_cityflyer, orbitmic and cosmo74 like this.
Old Oct 2, 19, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Because BA won't pay for it.
ba_cityflyer and orbitmic like this.
Old Oct 2, 19, 7:00 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
BA pay for it at most other outstations, anything specific about NCE as to why they won't there? Is it particularly expensive?
Old Oct 2, 19, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
BA probably takes the position that, for the number of PAX they bring to the airport, they should get special treatment on Fast Track pricing

The airport possibly takes a different view, especially if BA has a high number of Fast Track users.
Old Oct 2, 19, 8:22 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.8MM 1K , DL GM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, BW Plat, Hertz #1 Gold PC, Avis Preferred
NCE is just a horrible airport all round, so why be surprised at this lack?
cosmo74 and thegreatmrsj like this.
Old Oct 2, 19, 8:27 am

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Originally Posted by Triyanya View Post
As one of the largest operators at NCE T1 can someone explain why BA doesn't have Fasttrack for even CE passengers never mind Gold etc. Yesterday (1st Oct) the queues / despite a very efficient service) were still almost 30 min and when you see the fasttrack service offered to almost everyone but BA it begs the question "what have they done to upset the terminal operators"? - just interested to know why !
What time/flight was this for ?

I need to resassess whether my travel plans in November are feasible - and a 30min security queue would kill it.

Note : last time I was at NCE was October 2017 for an evening flight and I dont recall any significant queues.

Last edited by PWOZUK; Oct 2, 19 at 8:30 am Reason: typo and add notes
Old Oct 2, 19, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
I don't doubt that security at NCE can involve long queues on occasions, but out of at least 50 departures, I would say mostly I have waited less than 5 min, maybe hitting 10 or 15 min once or twice.
Old Oct 2, 19, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
For anyone who really wants it, fasttrack can be purchased for Ä10 https://reservation.nice.aeroport.fr...itaire/2?LG=EN
Like fruitcage above, I usually find the normal queue fast enough so I wouldn't bother unless it's an obvious really busy time like Xmas/Easter/Monaco GP
Old Oct 2, 19, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
BA pay for it at most other outstations, anything specific about NCE as to why they won't there? Is it particularly expensive?
It isn't. If it's affordable enough for Easyjet (not to mention AF and most other airlines), you can safely assume that it is priced reasonably. I suspect that the real reason is that NCE has an unusually high number of people who would be eligible because of very large CE cabins (often the max, and sometimes more than the supposed max) and very high proportion of status passengers (It's not unusual to have more than half of both cabins with seats pre-assigned at T-3 which tells you all that you need to know).

Anyway, I do think BA should offer it to passengers even though I don't need it myself.
Old Oct 2, 19, 10:50 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by 1P View Post
NCE is just a horrible airport all round, so why be surprised at this lack?
Care to elaborate? And how is it the airport's fault if BA chooses not to pay for Fast track that has been offered there longer than any other French airport except Paris?
Old Oct 2, 19, 1:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Triyanya View Post
Let me just greet you to Flyertalk and the BA forum Triyanya. NCE is a popular service on this forum, so the pointers made above come from the regular users. I actually this it's not too bad an airport overall, the layout and sight lines perhaps make it look worse than it actually is, however I manage to avoid using NCE during les heures de pointe. Welcome to the forum.
Old Oct 2, 19, 5:47 pm

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
.... however I manage to avoid using NCE during les heures de pointe. .
Would you regard 13:00-14:00 on a Monday in November within "les heures de pointe" [rush hour] ? Monday 18th to be precise.
Old Oct 3, 19, 12:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PWOZUK View Post
Would you regard 13:00-14:00 on a Monday in November within "les heures de pointe" [rush hour] ? Monday 18th to be precise.
Non.
orbitmic and PWOZUK like this.
Old Oct 3, 19, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by PWOZUK View Post
If you are unlucky, it will take you 15 minutes from completed check in (whether online or at kiosk) to gate including security and assuming you canít use the passport machines. 10 or under is more likely.

rush hour would be something like 8.30pm on the Sunday of the Cannes festival or on a Sunday afternoon in mid July when DY are using long haul planes for their ARN and OSL flights at the same time as a full QR and an upgraded LY equipment. Or of course if there is one of the historically traditional (though not for a long time now) AF strike.

Last edited by orbitmic; Oct 3, 19 at 12:16 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: