FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   British Airways NCE - lack of Fasttrack (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1989707-british-airways-nce-lack-fasttrack.html)

Triyanya Oct 2, 2019 6:45 am

British Airways NCE - lack of Fasttrack

As one of the largest operators at NCE T1 can someone explain why BA doesn't have Fasttrack for even CE passengers never mind Gold etc. Yesterday (1st Oct) the queues / despite a very efficient service) were still almost 30 min and when you see the fasttrack service offered to almost everyone but BA it begs the question "what have they done to upset the terminal operators"? - just interested to know why !

mikeyfly Oct 2, 2019 6:52 am

BA don't pay for this - simple

UKtravelbear Oct 2, 2019 6:53 am

Because BA won't pay for it.

ajeleonard Oct 2, 2019 7:00 am

BA pay for it at most other outstations, anything specific about NCE as to why they won't there? Is it particularly expensive?

scottishpoet Oct 2, 2019 7:17 am

BA probably takes the position that, for the number of PAX they bring to the airport, they should get special treatment on Fast Track pricing

The airport possibly takes a different view, especially if BA has a high number of Fast Track users.

1P Oct 2, 2019 8:22 am

NCE is just a horrible airport all round, so why be surprised at this lack?

PWOZUK Oct 2, 2019 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Triyanya (Post 31585670)
As one of the largest operators at NCE T1 can someone explain why BA doesn't have Fasttrack for even CE passengers never mind Gold etc. Yesterday (1st Oct) the queues / despite a very efficient service) were still almost 30 min and when you see the fasttrack service offered to almost everyone but BA it begs the question "what have they done to upset the terminal operators"? - just interested to know why !

What time/flight was this for ?

I need to resassess whether my travel plans in November are feasible - and a 30min security queue would kill it.

Note : last time I was at NCE was October 2017 for an evening flight and I dont recall any significant queues.

fruitcage Oct 2, 2019 9:17 am

I don't doubt that security at NCE can involve long queues on occasions, but out of at least 50 departures, I would say mostly I have waited less than 5 min, maybe hitting 10 or 15 min once or twice.

Irreverent Medusa Oct 2, 2019 9:42 am

For anyone who really wants it, fasttrack can be purchased for €10 https://reservation.nice.aeroport.fr...itaire/2?LG=EN
Like fruitcage above, I usually find the normal queue fast enough so I wouldn't bother unless it's an obvious really busy time like Xmas/Easter/Monaco GP

orbitmic Oct 2, 2019 10:49 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard (Post 31585711)
BA pay for it at most other outstations, anything specific about NCE as to why they won't there? Is it particularly expensive?

It isn't. If it's affordable enough for Easyjet (not to mention AF and most other airlines), you can safely assume that it is priced reasonably. I suspect that the real reason is that NCE has an unusually high number of people who would be eligible because of very large CE cabins (often the max, and sometimes more than the supposed max) and very high proportion of status passengers (It's not unusual to have more than half of both cabins with seats pre-assigned at T-3 which tells you all that you need to know).

Anyway, I do think BA should offer it to passengers even though I don't need it myself.

orbitmic Oct 2, 2019 10:50 am

Originally Posted by 1P (Post 31585960)
NCE is just a horrible airport all round, so why be surprised at this lack?

Care to elaborate? And how is it the airport's fault if BA chooses not to pay for Fast track that has been offered there longer than any other French airport except Paris?

corporate-wage-slave Oct 2, 2019 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Triyanya (Post 31585670)

Let me just greet you to Flyertalk and the BA forum Triyanya. NCE is a popular service on this forum, so the pointers made above come from the regular users. I actually this it's not too bad an airport overall, the layout and sight lines perhaps make it look worse than it actually is, however I manage to avoid using NCE during les heures de pointe. Welcome to the forum.

PWOZUK Oct 2, 2019 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31587154)
.... however I manage to avoid using NCE during les heures de pointe. .

Would you regard 13:00-14:00 on a Monday in November within "les heures de pointe" [rush hour] ? Monday 18th to be precise.

corporate-wage-slave Oct 3, 2019 12:05 am

Originally Posted by PWOZUK (Post 31587931)
Would you regard 13:00-14:00 on a Monday in November within "les heures de pointe" [rush hour] ? Monday 18th to be precise.

Non.

orbitmic Oct 3, 2019 12:10 am

Originally Posted by PWOZUK (Post 31587931)

If you are unlucky, it will take you 15 minutes from completed check in (whether online or at kiosk) to gate including security and assuming you can’t use the passport machines. 10 or under is more likely.

rush hour would be something like 8.30pm on the Sunday of the Cannes festival or on a Sunday afternoon in mid July when DY are using long haul planes for their ARN and OSL flights at the same time as a full QR and an upgraded LY equipment. Or of course if there is one of the historically traditional (though not for a long time now) AF strike.