FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Singapore Lounge Choice (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1989603-singapore-lounge-choice.html)

Whenderson Oct 1, 2019 10:16 am

Singapore Lounge Choice

Hi

Been a while since I have flown from Singapore, so which would you recommend, the BA or QF Lounge at T1? (BA Gold)

Thanks

Cymro Oct 1, 2019 10:33 am

QF by a mile.

Forever in Seattle Oct 1, 2019 11:22 am

They are next door to each other, so if you don't like one, go to the other. The Qantas lounge can be busy with very loud Aussies around the time of Qantas flights, otherwise QF for food and the bar, BA quieter and pour your own booze, but very limited for food.

The _Banking_Scot Oct 1, 2019 11:30 am

Hi,

I actually quite liked the BA lounge ( around 1900hrs) whemn I was in SIN in July.

I think the new QF F lounge opens in December ( parts of the QF lounge were boarded up when I was there but it was good also)

Regards

TBS

Dicksbits Oct 1, 2019 11:46 am

We sampled all three a few weeks ago. Qantas is cavernous, BA is bright and modern galleries like (we enjoyed a hot shower), and the one Qatar directed to us was the pits. Unusual as Qatar usually direct you to decent lounges.

GlasgowCyclops Oct 1, 2019 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Whenderson (Post 31582886)
Hi

Been a while since I have flown from Singapore, so which would you recommend, the BA or QF Lounge at T1? (BA Gold)

Thanks

QF until the QF flights are due, then skip to BA for a shower and peace then back to QF for food. The BA lounge food and wine are ........ Mince

Steve_ZA Oct 1, 2019 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dicksbits (Post 31583232)
Unusual as Qatar usually direct you to decent lounges.

QR use the SATS lounge in T1 and being on the morning flight out of there recently (the BA and QF lounges only open later) we skipped the lounge and spent time in the terminal instead.

Very poor offering indeed.

LBA_flyer Oct 1, 2019 12:15 pm

We did BA and Qantas last week. We got Vdb on our CX Sin to HKG so we were at the Qantas lounge for opening time, quite pleasant and not too busy then went to the BA lounge. I found both lounges to be fine, although by the time we left to board BA16 , it was rammed with people having to stand so the Qantas lounge might have been a better option later on.

The _Banking_Scot Oct 1, 2019 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA (Post 31583329)
QR use the SATS lounge in T1 and being on the morning flight out of there recently (the BA and QF lounges only open later) we skipped the lounge and spent time in the terminal instead.

Very poor offering indeed.

Hi,

Yes the SATS is poor but I understand from the QR forum a dedicated QR lounge in T1 is under construction

Regards

TBS

ceej123 Oct 1, 2019 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 31583396)
Hi,

Yes the SATS is poor but I understand from the QR forum a dedicated QR lounge in T1 is under construction

Regards

TBS

Indeed it will be next to the EK and plaza premium lounges up the escalator near the D gates.

frandrake Oct 1, 2019 3:49 pm

I usually work in the BA lounge and then pop into QF for a shower and dinner.

On a separate note, does anybody know when the new QF first class lounge will open? I am flying back to LHR on 18 Nov and I was wondering whether I can try it (assuming it will be open to Emeralds).

Globaliser Oct 2, 2019 3:15 am

Originally Posted by frandrake (Post 31584052)
On a separate note, does anybody know when the new QF first class lounge will open?

I have seen the words "by 26th November" - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qant...l#post31575320.

SavvyTravel Oct 2, 2019 5:14 am

+1 for QF (by a long way).
Even when there were QF flights due, it was still remarkably quiet because it is large. The Malaysian laksa I had was restaurant quality and it's the food that makes a difference to me. [To put some context to that in this forum, I was actually disappointed by the CX LHR T3 lounge]

And the SATS lounge would score -10 on the same scale.