Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New October BOB menu

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
New October BOB menu

(Please feel free to merge).

a few firsts!

- first non sandwich warm dish: some TomKerridge beef and ale mini pies

- the controversial tea-less tea replaced by a trio of Xmas-y treats

- first meal deals with the above: ba took the hint from the 'tea-less tea' controversy and also gives prices for the above with tea/coffee or hot choc (£1 discount)

- not sure if the tapas plate may have changed too. Either way, the Xmas super calory turkey sandwich is back

still not interested in any of it myself, but it strikes me as a couple of minor improvements for those who are interested in bob.

Last edited by orbitmic; Oct 1, 2019 at 12:44 pm
Old Oct 1, 2019, 6:31 am

BA seems keen to remove the few things I liked in BoB: first the Toblerone-like chocolate, then the coffee with the filter (allegedly because people drank it without a lid?), then Sipsmiths gin. I’m dreading the day Mount Gay goes too.

In the meantime, Tourpos remains a major headache. A crew on a recent trip showed me that products on the app are now listed not alphabetically, not by category, but by how popular they are. And that changes constantly. How idiotic is that?

I sometimes wonder why on Earth they couldn’t have used iPhones (such as the ones crew will use), zap the barcode of the product, tap the card on a cheap receiver and off you go... how hard can it be? No, you must have an iPad, scroll like you’re trying to find the precise part of the book of Revelations where the Knights of Apocalypse are first mentioned, then turn the iPad, tap the card, find the product and so on. Timed a Eurofleet cabin crew yesterday: it took 20-30 seconds per transactions just to find and process the payments. I remember doing the same for a hand-held bag tag scanner and overlay bag tag printer based on a cheap Motorola phone: zap the bag, system re-flights the bag, tag prints overlay: done in half the time.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
To me the offering still isn't as varied as what you can get on Easyjet, e.g. the variety of sandwiches / hot options / meal deals
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
can somebody take photos of the new menu?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:16 am

Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Thanks JamieG... Should we assume these are the improvements promised by BA this year?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Same rubbish as always. Meh.
FlyerTalker688786 and :D! like this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Hot pies, disintegrating pastry and oozing thermonucleated gravy. What could possibly go wrong ?

Originally Posted by florens
Same rubbish as always. Meh.
What would be on a non-rubbish un-meh BOB menu then ?
Geordie405 and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just as a reminder, when BOB was introduced, this was the marketing spin:

"Alex Cruz, British Airways’ Chairman and CEO, said: “We know our customers expect a great experience with British Airways. They’ve told us we are experts in flying and service, but when it comes to catering on short-haul flights, they want to choose from a wider range of premium products. Like British Airways, Marks & Spencer is a well-known, premium British brand that is respected and trusted, so it’s an ideal partnership, providing our customers with a choice of products they recognise and value.”

I firmly believe what we are delivering breaks the mould and sets a new standard in short-haul catering. We will be providing a selection of premium brand, fresh food options and a menu that will be refreshed on a quarterly basis."

Yeah. it is a groundbreaking selection of nuts, crisps and dry, sad sandwiches.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Hot pies, disintegrating pastry and oozing thermonucleated gravy. What could possibly go wrong ?

Salads and pot noodles for example.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
My thought exactly. Unless it comes with some sort of plate we’re going to see even more comments about dirty planes.

However, I might be tempted!
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Am I the only who thinks that Xmas-y things on the menu in October is actually as un-festive as it gets?
bafan, RGS5526, florens and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Bacon roll remains gone but the wasabi peas live another day. Boooo.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze

hot food !
i guess it’s cultural, most of the uk lives off 3 GBP Tesco meal deals for lunch break and BA thought why not have that on a plane!
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
Bacon roll remains gone but the wasabi peas live another day. Boooo.
Miss the bacon rolls... chicken sandwich on a morning flight isn’t quite the same!
KeaneJohn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.