Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK BA lounge access question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

JFK BA lounge access question

I am not sure if this is the best forum to ask this but thought I should start here.

I am flying from JFK to LAX on Alaska.
I am then connecting from LAX to DOH on QR.
I hold Emerald status with AA.

The rules on lounge access are very dubious. I see that it states you have to be flying on a one world flight for lounge entry but nowhere does it state it has to be your next flight. Is this just understood as too obvious?
If I were to present my QR boarding pass at the JFK lounge, should I expect the same treatment that I have gotten at the BA lounge in ORD when flying on RJ?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
They will send you to the Alaska lounge and access to that will depend on AS rules.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Tango
I am not sure if this is the best forum to ask this but thought I should start here.

I am flying from JFK to LAX on Alaska.
I am then connecting from LAX to DOH on QR.
I hold Emerald status with AA.

The rules on lounge access are very dubious. I see that it states you have to be flying on a one world flight for lounge entry but nowhere does it state it has to be your next flight. Is this just understood as too obvious?
If I were to present my QR boarding pass at the JFK lounge, should I expect the same treatment that I have gotten at the BA lounge in ORD when flying on RJ?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,
No. Nothing dubious about the Oneworld lounge access policy that I can see. AS is not a OW member and flying AS to connect with a OW airline long haul does not provide access to a oneworld lounge on the basis of status.
From the policy:
Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown (exceptions are noted below).
You are not departing on a OW flight from JFK so as to entitle you to access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.