Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booked with CX - how to choose in BA domestic ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked with CX - how to choose in BA domestic ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Booked with CX - how to choose seats in BA domestic ?

Hi guys,

I just booked a GLA to HKG via CX. The domestic is booked in Y. Being silver, I think I can normally choose the emergency exit/ extra legroom seats but the CX website isn't giving me the option. I can only choose my "seat preference" and I got assigned a random window seat. Seats 10A on BA 1480 and 11F on BA 1489. I tried putting my booking reference into BA's website but it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas ?

Last edited by AceCobra1; Sep 30, 2019 at 2:10 pm
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Phone up CX and either ask for them to assign you a seat of your choice, or get the BA booking reference.
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
you need to ax CX for the BA record locator to be able to select seats on BA flights using the BA app / website.
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

I tried to add my booking into my BA account but it doesn't seem to be registering it. Might it be because it is a booking made only an hour or so ago ?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
I tried to add my booking into my BA account but it doesn't seem to be registering it. Might it be because it is a booking made only an hour or so ago ?
if your BAEC number is in the booking it should automatically be listed already in your future bookings list on ba.com
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Sometimes it may require a bit of time to come through, but the other option is that you can end up with a lead Amadeus booking for the Cathay flights, and a secondary Amadeus reference for the BA sectors. Now I would normally expect it to come through on the BA side eventually for at least the BA flights, assuming you correctly entered your BAEC number, but if not, call Cathay and ask them for the BA PNR. You can also call BA and get them to find you by surname rather than locator.
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
if your BAEC number is in the booking it should automatically be listed already in your future bookings list on ba.com
I placed my BAEC number in when they asked for it during booking - but I think this is so that they can credit me the tier points into the BA account rather than CX. Is that right ?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
I placed my BAEC number in when they asked for it during booking - but I think this is so that they can credit me the tier points into the BA account rather than CX. Is that right ?
If there is a BA marketed and/or operated flight on the booking it should also appear in your future bookings list and links through to you via your BAEC number - however sometimes your BAEC number doesn't automatically populate through to the partner airline booking reference.

Another method of getting your BA booking reference is to load the booking on the QF MMB and have a look under the seat selection section where partner airline booking references may be listed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.