FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA.com down? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1989441-ba-com-down.html)

andymcdonnell Sep 30, 2019 10:25 am

BA.com down?

Keep getting “Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem”

Anyone else?

DYKWIA Sep 30, 2019 10:26 am

Works for me.

DYKWIA Sep 30, 2019 10:27 am

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ba.com

LPQ Sep 30, 2019 10:28 am

Me too. Unable to book flights at the moment.

Edit: back online at 17.30 BST

DarkHarlequin Sep 30, 2019 10:30 am

It did that to me yesterday. Closed the browser and reopened it and it was fine...

KARFA Sep 30, 2019 10:30 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell (Post 31579061)

Anyone else?

Usually clearing cookies will clear this.

tuonopepper Sep 30, 2019 10:57 am

Anyone else?

I intermittent issues all day, clearing cache helps.

corporate-wage-slave Sep 30, 2019 11:17 am

Or using Incognito / InPrivate mode.

beamac Sep 30, 2019 11:43 am

or use another browser kept getting this problem with Google Chrome past couple of days, but worked fine with Firefox for me

andymcdonnell Sep 30, 2019 1:02 pm

I was using chrome on one of the work computers. Was working fine & then suddenly nothing. Moved to another pc and it was grand

wilsnunn Sep 30, 2019 1:13 pm

Been happening to me on and off for the past week or so. Very annoying.

Steve_ZA Sep 30, 2019 1:23 pm

Trying to log in via the app failed, tried via BA.com:

Error

You have made too many login attempts.

Your account is now locked for up to 24 hours unless you reset your password .
Splendid.

T8191 Sep 30, 2019 1:54 pm

Oh, come on folks. This is 'normal' BA, surely? ;)

anniegray Sep 30, 2019 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 31579864)
Oh, come on folks. This is 'normal' BA, surely? ;)

It is indeed ‘normal’ nowadays

UKtravelbear Sep 30, 2019 2:42 pm

Anyone else?

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell (Post 31579680)
I was using chrome on one of the work computers. Was working fine & then suddenly nothing. Moved to another pc and it was grand

So it wasn't down at all?

BA or bust Oct 1, 2019 2:24 am

It took me a total of 2.5 hours between yesterday and early this morning for me to book a BA Holiday. Using two different iPhones, an iPad and a laptop. With a myriad of different settings being fiddled about with over that period.

BA's IT has sunk to new lows IMHO.

During that time all the rest of my technology was fine, BBC News, online banking, shopping. Just BA that was the usual shambles... :mad:

adrianlondon Oct 1, 2019 2:29 am

To those of you smugly saying that the website isn't down because look, it serves a web page, and downforeveryoneorjustme.com says it's up ... not everyone here is an IT consultant. When they say BA.com is down they don't necessarily mean the domain is totally dead, they mean it's serving an error or otherwise not working properly. People can't see their bookings, make new ones, log in properly etc. etc..

LTN Phobia Oct 1, 2019 4:45 am

It keeps chucking intermittent errors at me.

Thankfully I did manage to book my flights earlier today - or more like thankfully for BA I should say, because I'd have gone to book with SQ if they didn't let me book!

And I'm currently trying to book flights that I can't really book with anyone else.

rossmacd Oct 1, 2019 5:20 am

I was getting BA.com errors trying to book a RFS flight just now. Quick change over to an incognito window on Chrome and it worked perfectly.

Shouldn't have to, of course....

Misco60 Oct 1, 2019 5:30 am

I've been getting intermittent errors (significantly more than usual) since yesterday, right across the website, whether I've been trying to use MMB, do a reward search or simply list my forthcoming bookings. The fact that the home page has reverted to the old design strongly suggests that there is a problem somewhere within the system.

fiona Oct 1, 2019 5:45 am

I can't even view my next booking, even with entering the reservation number. Been like that for days. It's absolutely pathetic

sb1982 Oct 1, 2019 6:33 am

Anyone else?

I've been getting the same message for a couple of days, sporadically - driving me mad!

sb1982 Oct 1, 2019 6:36 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 31579071)

This is a useless link - not helpful. The website is up - but still comes up with errors for people. I am getting errors now, have cleared my cache and browsing history, and nothing has changed.

DYKWIA Oct 1, 2019 7:15 am

Originally Posted by sb1982 (Post 31582101)
This is a useless link - not helpful. The website is up - but still comes up with errors for people. I am getting errors now, have cleared my cache and browsing history, and nothing has changed.

Sorry for trying to help... The OP said "Is ba.com down"? It wasn't... just some functions weren't working.

It should have said, "is anybody having issues booking on ba.com".

LTN Phobia Oct 1, 2019 7:42 am

It's come back to life and I have now managed to book the flights I needed.

Earlier on, I couldn't get BA.com to show the page to book flights with (it was showing the BA.com "error" page when I typed in ba.com), and I then couldn't email myself the price quote, and then it went back to loading the "error" page, and then finally it normalised itself.

In other words, BA.com seems to be having intermittent errors.

Swanhunter Oct 1, 2019 9:59 am

I’m still struggling to get anything sensible for a simple round trip to MAD. It insists there are only seats on one flight back despite their very clearly being space on all of them!

nldogbert Oct 1, 2019 10:04 am

Hi,

I was wondering, is this because of the new website (in the making?). This morning I was checking some of my booking and it worked fine, I was later asked if I wanted to check out the new website - which I did. It seems after that, the website (or typing in ba.com) did not work. Currently on a different laptop and going to ba.com (still in the old site), it is working again like normal and I am able to book tickets. 2 hours ago on my other laptop, it was still not coming up.

Cheers!

deboyzoned Oct 1, 2019 10:21 am

Spot the difference

All 3 screens were loaded and screenshot taken

1st Screen - Mozilla Firefox
2nd Screen - Google Chrome
3rd Screen - Internet Explorer

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6b6574971a.jpg

Misco60 Oct 2, 2019 1:43 am

The website is an absolute nightmare for me again this morning. Constant requests to log in again; unable to find bookings when clicking through (even from Choose My Seat, which is a first); the "Exit this booking" link just reloads the current page; error when attempting to continue booking a previous search; home page loading in old and new format seemingly randomly; the language suddenly changing from English to German (I'm in Berlin).

nldogbert Oct 2, 2019 3:04 am

Indeed, there seems to be something very very strange with the website. This morning, it worked again without issues on my laptop which suddenly did not work yesterday, however after going to another site and later coming back to the BA website, it showed the techical issue page. From than on, I could not do much - I could via the "Contact us" link go to other parts of the website, but login in again, it lead me to the technical issue page.

Completely no idea what's going on.....:confused:

mmxbreaks Oct 2, 2019 4:03 am

Nobody picking up the phone today either... 32mins and counting.