Wiki Posts
Search

Aisle vs Window Upper deck SFO-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Aisle vs Window Upper deck SFO-LHR

I know this question has been asked with many opinions, so thought I would add my take.

I was on BA284 last night and sat in 62J. I had always taken the window seat when on this flight because I was traveling with someone, so it didn't matter if I had to get up and walk over him.

traveling solo this time, I decided to take the aisle. The flight was fine, service was great and very attentive but the convenience of having to walk over someone's seat didn't make up for the lack of storage with the aisle seat. 62 was a great row, no one behind us which makes 62K even better, but there is virtually no easy access for anything you may need during the flight including a small water and a lip balm.

However, I will take an aisle seat over the lower deck any day after seeing how tight it was while waiting to get off the plane.

On a side note- They only served warm nuts to those passengers that ordered pre dinner drinks. I could have asked, but thought it odd.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by spaige
I had always taken the window seat when on this flight because I was traveling with someone, so it didn't matter if I had to get up and walk over him.
I don't quite understand this part, are you saying your travelling companion obligingly selects an aisle seat one row behind you so that your egress from the window seat is over legs with which you are familiar?
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:57 am

....and you can’t find a place for your lip balm??
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by spaige
I know this question has been asked with many opinions, so thought I would add my take.

I was on BA284 last night and sat in 62J. I had always taken the window seat when on this flight because I was traveling with someone, so it didn't matter if I had to get up and walk over him.

traveling solo this time, I decided to take the aisle.
There’s no need to step over anyone in a row 62 window seat.
anniegray likes this.

Last edited by Row9; Sep 29, 2019 at 9:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.