Wiki Posts
Search

BA Multi City

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BA Multi City

Just wondering if anyone has managed to use the BA Multi-City Option with any degree of success.

I am trying to plan a holiday next year (joint 50th) taking in Maldives / Singapore & Vietnam, but struggling to find flights between the various countries - I thought I might get some connections being offered (or flights on other OWE aircraft (or I could add in some extra locations) - but all I seem to be getting is errors.

Is it just worth calling BA, or has anyone got any tips?

(Was looking as doing it as a 'BA Holiday' for (a) The ATOL protection and (b) so I can retain gold next year!

Ta
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you price on Google Flights? Not all connecting airlines will have options as far ahead as BA (some 330 days vs BAs 355) when are you looking to travel?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Can you price on Google Flights? Not all connecting airlines will have options as far ahead as BA (some 330 days vs BAs 355) when are you looking to travel?
At the moment am using Feb/March to get a feel for the routes.

Ultimately looking to do the trip next autumn/winter, when the weather is better over there (sometimes between October - March, excluding xmas), but I'm a bit early for any bookings, but trying to use some of the avios acquired and want to make sure I get those booked on the day they get released!
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Try google flights or ITA matrix. Dont think multi city on BA website cAn handle complex itineraries
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Multi city on BA has a lot of limitations, from a minimum connection time of 2 hrs, no matter the airport/route, to display availability only for codeshare flights for sectors on other airlines. if you need something complicated is better to check on ITA matrix and then call.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
+1 for ITA Matrix on this kind of thing
Old Sep 26, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
It's still a "holiday" even if you only book some of the flights and accommodation as a package, so I wouldn't get too hung up about having everything booked in one place.

MLE-SIN can be done on Sri Lankan. SIN-SGN can be done on Malaysian, so you do have OneWorld options - but in general, I'd suggest that low cost, point-to-point flights might be better.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Agreed - I've been trying to price up a multi-city trip LON>HON>SYD>AKL>SIN>LON. Matrix gives me a OW itinary priced at ~£4k per person (in J), whereas the best that BA.com can come up with it literally twice that amount.
Also - Going through the Armed Forces Discount link to BA does not effect effect the pricing what so ever.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by bakera
Also - Going through the Armed Forces Discount link to BA does not effect effect the pricing what so ever.
I have had the same problem in the past when booking BA onto Oneworld connecting fights on the same itinerary using the Forces discount.

A quick phone-call to BA usually resolves it and they apply the discount to the BA sectors (providing they meet the critieria ie booked in advance, on BA metal, ex-UK and in either Traveller or Club class etc etc).
bakera likes this.

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Sep 26, 2019 at 3:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.