FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Pretty miffed, nothing to complain (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1988782-pretty-miffed-nothing-complain.html)

dagohh Sep 25, 2019 12:12 pm

Pretty miffed, nothing to complain

I had two BA flights today (HAM-LHR and LHR-GLA) and absolutely nothing during this trip went wrong.
I kept my pre-picked exit row seats, the flights were pretty much on time (6 minutes delayed arrival in Glasgow, I can easily pick up more on a 10 minute train ride), checked bags arrived - quickly too, there was space in the overhead lockers (group 2 might have helped), the BoB beverage I picked was available, food in the lounge was nice, there was enough seating in the lounge available, the connection/immigration and security in Heathrow was pretty fast...
I guess the rest of my trip is cursed now.

T8191 Sep 25, 2019 12:31 pm

So many trips s/h or l/h, are completed without adverse comment here.

Thank you for restoring balance, without gratuitous hyperbole! ^,

JohnIreland Sep 25, 2019 2:01 pm

Don't keep looking for positive things. At a minimum I hope your seat was dirty.

boboqui Sep 25, 2019 2:25 pm

Just yesterday I decided to change my outlook on life, to overlook the negative and concentrate on the positive, I'm tired of complaining all the time, even though as I recently learned I'm blameless, I can't help it, it's a symptom of vitamin D deficiency..

Anyhow, for lunch I picked up some Korean fried chicken at Bon Chon, and it gave me indigestion, I had to leave the car windows opened overnight in hopes that the putrid smell of frying oil would vanish, and while waiting for the Alka-Seltzer to kick in, I voiced my displeasure on a Yelp review,

Alas, I failed,

tuonopepper Sep 25, 2019 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by dagohh (Post 31562844)
I had two BA flights today (HAM-LHR and LHR-GLA) and absolutely nothing during this trip went wrong.
I kept my pre-picked exit row seats, the flights were pretty much on time (6 minutes delayed arrival in Glasgow, I can easily pick up more on a 10 minute train ride), checked bags arrived - quickly too, there was space in the overhead lockers (group 2 might have helped), the BoB beverage I picked was available, food in the lounge was nice, there was enough seating in the lounge available, the connection/immigration and security in Heathrow was pretty fast...

Next you'll be saying it was sunny in Glasgow too........calm yourself :-)

Skipcool3 Sep 25, 2019 2:36 pm

I have never lost a seat assignment in the exit row on ..... easyjet.... I have frequently been bumped from it on BA....

bisonrav Sep 25, 2019 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by dagohh (Post 31562844)

And that's the problem with BA isn't it? INCONSISTENCY. You can no longer count on a service recovery. Annoying.

dagohh Sep 26, 2019 4:24 am

Originally Posted by tuonopepper (Post 31563350)
Next you'll be saying it was sunny in Glasgow too........calm yourself :-)

There were some shadows cast outside by natural causes about an hour after arrival but I wouldn't really call that sunny.

dagohh Sep 26, 2019 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Skipcool3 (Post 31563356)
I have never lost a seat assignment in the exit row on ..... easyjet.... I have frequently been bumped from it on BA....

I lost my exit row seat once, after OLCI, but kept the exact seat number - short notice equipment change. I managed to be moved back to an exit row at the airport.

dagohh Sep 26, 2019 4:28 am

Originally Posted by JohnIreland (Post 31563207)
Don't keep looking for positive things. At a minimum I hope your seat was dirty.

Bus pants work on planes too ;)

ocprodigy Sep 26, 2019 4:50 am

Great post. Maybe I'm pretty easy going (to be honest I appreciate l/h business class as a privilege as opposed to normality) but bar the annoying climb over seats I've never experienced a real problem on a British Airways plane either short or long haul. Always got on pretty well with the crew.. had "slow"-ish service once but made up for with some additional glasses of champagne...

In fact that's it. You're too easily pleased...! Are you sure there wasn't some wear and tear on your seat?!