Lounge in PKX

Old Sep 25, 19, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, All Platinium, Hyatt Globalist
Lounge in PKX

Hello,
Flying PKX-LHR in a few weeks...I know it's not opened yet but did anyone know/heard about the lounges which will be available to BA/Oneworld FF?
Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 19, 9:42 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
To save others the google, PKX is Beijing Daxing.
IAN-UK and Misco60 like this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Have same route coming up in F and I can’t find any info on the specifics of the lounge other then the BA press release saying there was an ‘improved’ lounge offering.
Old Sep 25, 19, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chris9642 View Post
Have same route coming up in F and I can’t find any info on the specifics of the lounge other then the BA press release saying there was an ‘improved’ lounge offering.
It would be a challenge to under perform PEK in the lounge category. I'm actually quite optimistic about PKX on the whole though; being on the wrong side of the city is its only negative in my book thus far.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 11:48 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I'd bet it will be the China Southern lounge given the new commercial relationship
Old Sep 25, 19, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
I'd bet it will be the China Southern lounge given the new commercial relationship
My understanding is PKX is one of the named destinations where oneworld are hoping to open a oneworld lounge - hopefully this plan hasn't been dropped as it would make perfect sense as at LAX.
Old Sep 25, 19, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
It would be a challenge to under perform PEK in the lounge category. I'm actually quite optimistic about PKX on the whole though; being on the wrong side of the city is its only negative in my book thus far.
At least PEK had the Cathay lounge?
Old Sep 25, 19, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr View Post
At least PEK had the Cathay lounge?
The CX lounge at PEK isn't going anywhere. It has never been nice (IMO), and I doubt it will ever become nice.
Old Oct 21, 19, 7:57 am
Original Poster

First BA flight PKX-LHR in a few days and still nothing on BA/Oneworld website on lounges??

Last edited by Sophoclefr; Oct 21, 19 at 8:30 am
Old Oct 21, 19, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I am flying back from there 3 Jan. In MMB there is no lounge section in at the airport all it says is this

At the airport

After you have checked in, go immediately through Security to the departure area. Allow enough time to complete security search and passport checks, and to get to your gate before it closes.
Old Oct 21, 19, 10:06 pm
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Gold, Hyatt Glob
This is the page (in Chinese) that shows all lounges at PKX (use google translate).

https://www.bdia.com.cn/en#/servicel...&childrenid=99

So I would guess that the options are either China Southern if the BA cooperation extends to this, or the BCS contract lounge.
Old Oct 21, 19, 10:49 pm

Programs: Yes
In PEK BA used BGS. I tried to enter CX lounge with a BA F boarding pass. Dragon said she is allowing me in only because of I am an OWE but F itself isn’t sufficient. Felt odd.
Old Oct 22, 19, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sxc View Post
This is the page (in Chinese) that shows all lounges at PKX (use google translate).

https://www.bdia.com.cn/en#/servicel...&childrenid=99

So I would guess that the options are either China Southern if the BA cooperation extends to this, or the BCS contract lounge.
Thanks for the website link. I've been trying to find it for a while, but this is the first time I've seen it.

My money says BA flights will end up using the CZ lounge (due to the numerous codeshares), which is sure to be nicer than the BCS lounge because CZ is effectively making PKX its new home.
Old Oct 27, 19, 2:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

Now confirmed on the BA Trade site: BCS Lounge and the East Pacific Lounge are available for eligible customers
Old Oct 31, 19, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!
Anyone with photos/feedbacks?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: