Boarding Pass Print Not Available - India

Old Sep 25, 19, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Boarding Pass Print Not Available - India

Hi All,

Due to fly DEL - LHR tomorrow, but I'm getting "Boarding pass print not available" on the BA app and website. Mobile BP is not available either. Only option is to pick up the BP from the airport.

However, historically, I've needed a BP to get into the airport terminal. Last flew from DEL in Feb (I think) and BOM in July and needed to BP to get into the terminal then.

Anyone flown out of DEL recently or know of anything has changed?

Cheers
Old Sep 25, 19, 3:55 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
I had the same issue in July - which was a real pain as I was doing HYD-DEL-LHR. The computers were down at HYD and ended up having to check back in a DEL to get my boarding pass, could not use the connections. Had to wait around 45 mins for the BA desks to open as well!!
fin_dg likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 3:55 am

It's not recent, but I've flown out of DEL without a printed BP. Yes, they always ask for one, but if you say you don't have one they have to look at online equivalents.
fin_dg likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
I returned from Delhi last week and travel there and back from the UK 2/3 times a year. I have never been able to print a boarding card in advance. I show a printout of my itinerary to the officer on the door (along with passport). I have seen others show the flight booking on the app to the officer.

Hope this helps.
fin_dg and towns like this.

Last edited by GandT; Sep 25, 19 at 4:22 am
Old Sep 25, 19, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Thank you, I'll try that, looks like the only option.
Old Sep 25, 19, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
Just to add my 2 cents:

You will be just fine with either a printed itinerary or with this on an app like trip case. They will want to see your ID and will check the names match up. Some apps don't show the name on the same screen as the flights which can be annoying. I have never used a boarding pass to access an Indian airport.
fin_dg likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 4:24 am

Use the BA App and your passport at the entrance to DEL. You will be fine.
fin_dg and yabadoo like this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
Dion't worry, it's very common and showing printed itinerary or e-boarding pass with matching passport is fine.
fin_dg likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard, M&S Sparks
I was once flying DEL-KUL with our friends at MAS and just showed them my ticket, it was absolutely fine. Others in front of me were also showing their tickets as I assume they did not have a BP either.
fin_dg likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 5:20 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I always show the officers my emailed itinerary, along with my passport of course.
never been an issue.. doing this for years.
fin_dg likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I fly from BLR to DOH 4 times/year. India doesn't allow mobile BPs but I've always been able to check-in and get a paper one printed at the hotel. This then gets replaced with a cardboard one at the desk.
fin_dg likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
A printed itinerary should be fine. I once got caught out at BOM without either a BP or itinerary, and a massive queue to get into the terminal. I simply flashed my hotel booking at the bored looking officer who duly waved me in.
fin_dg likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 9:07 am

Flew from DEL last month, had the same problem, either you can show them your itinerary with name matching passport or there is a number you can call and a gentleman with a list of passengers will wave you through.
fin_dg likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by fin_dg View Post
However, historically, I've needed a BP to get into the airport terminal. Last flew from DEL in Feb (I think) and BOM in July and needed to BP to get into the terminal then.
Cheers
You need a copy of your itenary (printed or on the phone). You also need photo ID matching the name on the itenary. The boarding pass isn't needed.
yabadoo and fin_dg like this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by devdas View Post
You need a copy of your itenary (printed or on the phone). You also need photo ID matching the name on the itenary. The boarding pass isn't needed.
Confirming - that was my experience last week. The only thing I learnt this time, is once you are inside (i.e. landside) - there's no way to leave the airport.
fin_dg likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: