BA Iphone App - Siri integration

Old Sep 25, 19, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Hilton Gold
BA Iphone App - Siri integration

I downloaded IOS 13.1 and this morning the BA app has updated to include Siri integration. Basically it is supposed to be able to access the BA app, suck out any reservations, and then insert them into your calendar. In theory, a really nice enhancement.

it immediately found my 8 reservations and inserted them into the calendar, but then got into an endless loop of trying to update the location in the calendar to the relevant airport, and then inserting a new entry into the calendar. Even after quitting the app, it continued. The only way to stop it was to disable the access to the BA app and stop notifications from the Calendar app.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old Sep 25, 19, 2:29 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Anyone know how I get these calendar entries dumped into my work calendar in Outlook (for ios) rather than my family calendar?
Old Sep 25, 19, 2:49 am

Afraid I'm not able to help with this, @The_Gate, but have you contacted BA? It seems like a pretty significant bug they need to squash - and thanks for being the unfortunate soul who found this out before me!

I think there's also a thread somewhere about bugs on the iOS app/BA website - not sure if that is monitored by BA, and/or a better place to put this?
Old Sep 25, 19, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver
The new version of the app has fixed ams one major bugs that shouldnít have been introduced at all, however, Iím experiencing the same calendar entry issue on loop as @Thegate.
The_Gate likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL+CCR)
Originally Posted by The_Gate View Post
I downloaded IOS 13.1 and this morning the BA app has updated to include Siri integration. Basically it is supposed to be able to access the BA app, suck out any reservations, and then insert them into your calendar. In theory, a really nice enhancement.

it immediately found my 8 reservations and inserted them into the calendar, but then got into an endless loop of trying to update the location in the calendar to the relevant airport, and then inserting a new entry into the calendar. Even after quitting the app, it continued. The only way to stop it was to disable the access to the BA app and stop notifications from the Calendar app.

Am I doing something wrong?
Having the same issues... with 24 flights upcoming... no fun.
also it does not show any airports when booking a flight in dark mode. It just shows a list with a black font on a black background.
Old Sep 25, 19, 1:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Lolbert View Post
Anyone know how I get these calendar entries dumped into my work calendar in Outlook (for ios) rather than my family calendar?
Pretty sure it picks your default calendar as selected in your phone settings.

it added 4 flights for me. I find the actual events generated less useful in terms of information then the events you got by manually adding them through the old app. Like it uses airport codes instead of names. And it doesnít have terminal information like the old ones.
Old Sep 25, 19, 4:14 pm

Whilst reading this I’ve had 17 updates for my four flights next month. And still they come! The feedback email didn’t contain swears but definitely contained capitals.
Old Sep 27, 19, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by The_Gate View Post
The only way to stop it was to disable the access to the BA app
Could someone talk me through how to do this please? Itís driving me mad!
Old Sep 27, 19, 2:17 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by green_tie View Post
Could someone talk me through how to do this please? Itís driving me mad!
Go to Settings, scroll down to British Airways, then tap 'Siri & Search' and toggle the top switch called 'Learn from this App'.
BarneyMcGrew and green_tie like this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 3:52 am

One can go into the booking and select "Add to Calendar" which is the old fashioned, and working, way of adding flights to one's calendar. You can't choose which calendar though; it uses the default iOS calendar. You could, of course, change your default calendar prior to doing this.

Another way is to check the booking online (I mean via the web not the app) and select the same option. Here, it creates a ".ics" file which on my Macbook pops up a prompt to select which calendar I wish to import it into.

I get "Siri suggestions" in my calendar and they always seem to have the timezones messed up and hence the times wrong, so do check that the Siri entries are correct if you use that option!
Old Sep 30, 19, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
This could be considered a breach of privacy considering my flights are being cross-posted on to my iCloud family calendar, and I have no control over it. Luckily it is just shared with family members but that's not the point. I opened the BA app this afternoon and got hundreds upon hundreds of calendar updates that I could not stop. I've done your suggestion above, adrianlondon , sos hopefully it will resolve it for now.

I have notified BA via Twitter of the issue and I encourage everyone else who is experiencing it to do the same so that they can increase the priority on getting this fixed.

Last edited by bugmancx; Sep 30, 19 at 9:16 am
Old Sep 30, 19, 9:33 am

Programs: BA GGL (ex-CCR, future silver), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Is anyone else having issues with notifications?

My boarding pass no longer shows up automatically on the home screen 4h before, while I didn't get any gate or boarding notifications on my flight yesterday? (Probably didn't on Thursday, either, but it was 5.30 a.m. after leaving the Oktoberfest at 11.30 p.m. so you'll forgive my lack of clear thinking).
Old Sep 30, 19, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by zat_dude View Post
Go to Settings, scroll down to British Airways, then tap 'Siri & Search' and toggle the top switch called 'Learn from this App'.
Thanks for this

Ill see if this works!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: