Missing that nice Mr Hillier

Old Sep 24, 19, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Missing that nice Mr Hillier

Back to normal. I got an email from Exec Club today welcoming me to another year of GGL. My current year finishes 8 Mar 2020!!
Old Sep 24, 19, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by morges1 View Post
Back to normal. I got an email from Exec Club today welcoming me to another year of GGL. My current year finishes 8 Mar 2020!!
I noticed a Mr James Hillier’s picture of aircraft at T5 in the back of business life.
AJA_ and frb98mf like this.
Old Sep 24, 19, 11:26 am

Programs: BA GFL / GGL, Mucci Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
Yes - I wasn't overjoyed to be told that I'd "held on" to GGL this year, or to get a letter signed by "Your Executive Club Team".

As a GGLfL, I hope you got different wording...

At least my renewal arrived at the right time...
Old Sep 24, 19, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by My_head_is_spinning View Post
I noticed a Mr James Hillier’s picture of aircraft at T5 in the back of business life.
I noticed that too. Do we think it is the same person?
Old Sep 24, 19, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by AJA_ View Post
I noticed that too. Do we think it is the same person?
Yes, I doubt it’s a coincidence.

I was minded to send high life a note as I object to them calling him a “customer” - not exactly full disclosure / what does that say about their editorial bias?

Anyway the inflight WiFi was accidentally working for free, so on learning of his departure I decided to park it. Was probably some sort of farewell treat.
Old Sep 24, 19, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Rome12xaDay View Post
Yes, I doubt it’s a coincidence.

I was minded to send high life a note as I object to them calling him a “customer” - not exactly full disclosure / what does that say about their editorial bias?

Anyway the inflight WiFi was accidentally working for free, so on learning of his departure I decided to park it. Was probably some sort of farewell treat.
I don't think the editorial bias of Highlife magazine is in doubt or would even be denied by the publisher!
Old Sep 24, 19, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by fruitcage View Post
I don't think the editorial bias of Highlife magazine is in doubt or would even be denied by the publisher!
I also saw the photo in Highlife mag and same thought came to mind. Then I thought, First Names and Surnames are not necessarily unique (Mine is by the way) 😊. John Smith could have posted the pic. 😆
Old Sep 24, 19, 7:07 pm
awm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
Yes - I wasn't overjoyed to be told that I'd "held on" to GGL this year, or to get a letter signed by "Your Executive Club Team".
Funny, my thoughts exactly on opening my Gold renewal letter today! Plus... "the good news is you can continue to earn Tier Points when you fly with us..."
morges1 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 10:12 am

Programs: BA G, AA G(1MM), Hilton D
I got a marketing email this morning flogging add-ons for a future flight to Houston. The first item on it was a cash offer for me to buy access to a lounge in Gatwick.

The email also acknowledged me as a Gold, so whoever sent it failed twice - incorrect departure airport, and then trying to flog lounge access to people who already have it

Doh!
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 10:17 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by deboyzoned View Post
I also saw the photo in Highlife mag and same thought came to mind. Then I thought, First Names and Surnames are not necessarily unique (Mine is by the way) ��. John Smith could have posted the pic. ��
Grief, you actually look at the rubbish? I’d sling the lot out and load an extra crew member with the money saved.
ajamieson, T8191 and Cris L like this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by loosehead View Post
I got a marketing email this morning flogging add-ons for a future flight to Houston. The first item on it was a cash offer for me to buy access to a lounge in Gatwick.

The email also acknowledged me as a Gold, so whoever sent it failed twice - incorrect departure airport, and then trying to flog lounge access to people who already have it

Doh!
Paid lounge access? Since when had that been a thing on ba?
Old Jan 12, 20, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
BA’s meerkat emails generally go straight into trash. However, I have a faint sensation that they’re not as frequent as in Mr. Hillier’s day.
Old Jan 12, 20, 11:00 am

Programs: BA G, AA G(1MM), Hilton D
Originally Posted by TTmex View Post
Paid lounge access? Since when had that been a thing on ba?
I kid you not - here's that part of the email.

T8191 and TTmex like this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Pathetic (and typical) BA ineptitude.

* ”Complain here for 5,000 Avios and a template response.”
Old Jan 12, 20, 11:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by loosehead View Post
I kid you not - here's that part of the email.
Ah right, that isn't BA's own lounge in Gatwick, that is No. 1 Club Rooms, which is just behind the partition on the corridor to the BA lounge. Some would say it's an upgrade compared to BA's lounge (I definitely don't think so) but yes, even as a Gold you can pays yer money and you can takes yer choice, as they apparently say in Chigwell. But not if trying to get to Houston, unless indirectly. That said, my flight to Houston was from Gatwick.
TTmex and TedToToe like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: