Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

TP Calculator (SAV->ORD on AA shows as 0 TPs)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

SAV - ORD on AA shows as 0 TPs in all booking classes. Is this a bug?

(I called up BAEC to query as I actually flew this route and was surprised to get 0 TPs and got a response saying 'we see the avios have posted in your account' which wasn't my question.... Is there a better way in future to deal with sits like this rather than calling them up and then getting a response that doesn't address my query?)
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Have you tried the "Claim Missing Avios" route? Can't recall if there's a text box to to talk about TPs, though.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

AA’s flights between ORD and SAV are oddities since the flight number 3272 is used on both the outbound and inbound directions. Bonkers, right?

I think this might be causing these flights to track strangely, presumably on the basis that the distance of flight 3272 is measured between ORD and ORD, thus zero miles.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Yeah, AA flight numbers are super weird generally... However - here I am getting a sensible number of Avios, i.e. its literally just the TPs missing.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by pauljeff
Yeah, AA flight numbers are super weird generally... However - here I am getting a sensible number of Avios, i.e. its literally just the TPs missing.
IIRC we were on the AA723 DUB-PHL, which then became the 723 PHL-PHX several hours later.

I guess it makes sense to them, somehow, 'cos 'Mericans are dead clever.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by pauljeff
Is there a better way in future to deal with sits like this rather than calling them up and then getting a response that doesn't address my query?)
Yes. Send a PM on here to BAMissingAvios. It will probably be resolved quicker than you expect.

(As for using the same flight number, it's because there's a real shortage due to the increased number of codeshares.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.