BA Exec on AA domestic flights

Old Sep 20, 19, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
BA Exec on AA domestic flights

Apologies if this is a repeat question; there wasn't a clear answer elsewhere on this board so please be gentle with me!

I'm booked on my first domestic AA flight for a very long time. My company TA wasn't able to select seats, however I went in with the trip locator on the AA website and was able to book seats on the front bulkhead called MCE.
Are there other benefits to being a BA gold on AA domestic flights ? Looking at the AA equivalent (Executive Platinum) that seems to offer automatic upgrades and other goodies but I assume that's only for AA members.

I assume I can use the AA lounge and seating in MCE seems to come with a free beverage :-)

Anything else ?
Old Sep 20, 19, 8:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Lounge access, preferred seats, free food and drinks from the buy on board menu.
firstlight likes this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 8:00 am

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Priority security (but not TSA Pre unless you also have Global Entry), and one extra checked bag.
firstlight likes this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
You should receive 1 free food item, along with a free alcoholic beverage (although the latter are free in MCE anyway). You'll also board with "group 2" (which is, of course, the third group to board).
frank_poulankh and firstlight like this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Can't add anything as all the benefits seem to have been listed that I've experienced, makes me laugh that you get better treatment as BA Gold on an AA domestic flight than on BA Short Haul...
Old Sep 20, 19, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
just to let you know.
Free adult beverage, and snack depending if the domestic flight has snack boxes, depending on the length of your flight.
And yes, better treatment as a OWE.
enjoy your flight.
(you wont qualify for a upgrade... sorry.) but in the case of any problems. AA will make sure they will take care of you)
firstlight likes this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
On our various flights in Domestic F on AA, we seemed to receive F&B that others in the F cabin weren’t getting. Difficult to analyse accurately, since we were almost always in Row 1 with a restricted view. And with Group 1 boarding and TSA Pre, even though we’re not GE!
firstlight likes this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
The only caveat is that on very short flights (usually 250 miles or less) you will probably only get a water / juice service in coach. Also, in terms of what food items might be available, this also depends on flight duration and also time of departure.

Apart from that caveat I think everything has been covered above. There is a very slim chance of an upgrade but that would be operational rather than via status. Depending on the route you may find 20+ people showing on the upgrade list on the gate monitors!
firstlight likes this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by tuonopepper View Post
Can't add anything as all the benefits seem to have been listed that I've experienced, makes me laugh that you get better treatment as BA Gold on an AA domestic flight than on BA Short Haul...
And better than AA Executive Platinum in terms of lounge access... albeit not upgrades. As a BA Gold and Silver flying on probably 200 AA internal flights I've only ever been op-upped once.
firstlight likes this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Plat Elite
i dont have any boarding passes on hand but i believe you board group 1 on two class service and group 2 on three (or four) class service. but yes, love being GGL flying AA as im generally treated better than those years when i was concierge key before i moved to london! LOL
firstlight likes this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
On our various flights in Domestic F on AA, we seemed to receive F&B that others in the F cabin weren’t getting. Difficult to analyse accurately, since we were almost always in Row 1 with a restricted view. And with Group 1 boarding and TSA Pre, even though we’re not GE!
Old people often are given TSA PreCheck on the boarding pass even if they haven't applied and paid the fee for PreCheck.

People also are given PreCheck on the boarding pass based on FF records, but I don't know whether a BA FF record would transfer over to AA for this purpose. I suspect not.
Old Sep 20, 19, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL (98% to Lifetime Gold), SPG convert from IHG (and Marriott fan now!)
Originally Posted by fotographer View Post
just to let you know.
Free adult beverage, and snack depending if the domestic flight has snack boxes, depending on the length of your flight.
And yes, better treatment as a OWE.
enjoy your flight.
(you wont qualify for a upgrade... sorry.) but in the case of any problems. AA will make sure they will take care of you)
Never say never

I got a J-F upgrade on LAX-JFK recently, that might have been the informal GGL / Concierge Key reciprocation though. Might have also helped that the flight was suddenly delayed for 2 hours just as boarding was due and then 15 minutes later it was boarding...

(and a post-boarding Y to J upgrade on same route about 13 years ago...)
fotographer likes this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 3:27 pm

If you are on standby and BA GGL, then you typically shoot to the top of the list just behind any CK members (unlikely to be more than 1 in reality), so this is a great benefit.
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by St Elmos Fire View Post
And better than AA Executive Platinum in terms of lounge access... albeit not upgrades. As a BA Gold and Silver flying on probably 200 AA internal flights I've only ever been op-upped once.
OP - What is the routing. What all of this means really depends on the length of the flight, the aircraft, and frankly the airports (as lounges are not as common).
Old Sep 20, 19, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
If you are on standby and BA GGL, then you typically shoot to the top of the list just behind any CK members (unlikely to be more than 1 in reality), so this is a great benefit.
Same Day Flight Change is the same concept here and something I have used successfully on many an occasion to move to earlier flights. I normally jump to the top of the list and I think there's only been one occasion where I didn't make it onboard.
rossmacd likes this.

Search this Thread