Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Upgrading one pax with avios and one with Cash - is it possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club

Have an upcoming flight that looks like it will now not be striked off. One seat in CE has become available for AVIOS - is it possible to upgrade one person using AVIOS and the other person using cash? Assume would need to call up but didnt want to spend an hour on the phone line if it was not possible.
thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Brown
I have just done this on a holiday, just be aware that the economy fare will possibly have to go into a higher fare class to be eligible for upgrade.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Doable, but the booking will need to be split, as cannot have one person booked in U class and another in I/R/D/C/J class.

Process the upgrade using Avios first, in case the U space disappears while upgrading the other one.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Doable, but the booking will need to be split, as cannot have one person booked in U class and another in I/R/D/C/J class.

Process the upgrade using Avios first, in case the U space disappears while upgrading the other one.
Thanks - super helpful!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, they will probably split into two PNRs. I had similar when split across J/F on an avoid booking.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:55 am

It sounds like a lot of faffing around just to get the other side of the CE curtain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.