FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Gold linked booking seating request failed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1987954-gold-linked-booking-seating-request-failed.html)

crablin Sep 19, 2019 3:37 am

Gold linked booking seating request failed

I've not used the option with BAEC Gold before where I've linked bookings as I've never needed to, however did so on this trip as my partner and I were on different PNRs for tonight's BA183.

Upon checking in last night, I am in my requested seat of 62A but she's been put in 64A as opposed to 62B which we were told was all sorted. It's not the end of the world but I wondered if anybody else had experience with this in the past. The UD is full (in fact J is totally full tonight) so there's no option to sit together anywhere but just thought someone on here may have had something similar happen in the past and might have some advice or if it was likely they might be able to remedy this when we drop bags off?

Thank you!

KARFA Sep 19, 2019 3:40 am

Originally Posted by crablin (Post 31541130)
I've not used the option with BAEC Gold before where I've linked bookings as I've never needed to, however did so on this trip as my partner and I were on different PNRs for tonight's BA183.

Upon checking in last night, I am in my requested seat of 62A but she's been put in 64A as opposed to 62B which we were told was all sorted. It's not the end of the world but I wondered if anybody else had experience with this in the past. The UD is full (in fact J is totally full tonight) so there's no option to sit together anywhere but just thought someone on here may have had something similar happen in the past and might have some advice or if it was likely they might be able to remedy this when we drop bags off?

Thank you!

Was 62B available when you called to do it? If it was I wonder whether it was still available by the time the seat request was actioned (it usually takes 1-3 days and it isn't instantaneous)?

Globaliser Sep 19, 2019 3:50 am

Originally Posted by crablin (Post 31541130)
Upon checking in last night, I am in my requested seat of 62A but she's been put in 64A as opposed to 62B which we were told was all sorted.

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31541134)
Was 62B available when you called to do it? If it was I wonder whether it was still available by the time the seat request was actioned (it usually takes 1-3 days and it isn't instantaneous)?

And did her PNR ever show 62B as her confirmed seat? I like to make sure that it shows in the booking before regarding the process as complete.

crablin Sep 19, 2019 3:59 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31541134)

Yes and I did it about three months ago.

crablin Sep 19, 2019 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 31541146)
And did her PNR ever show 62B as her confirmed seat? I like to make sure that it shows in the booking before regarding the process as complete.

No it didn't... I didn't realise that - I saw the seat was blocked on ExpertFlyer and assumed that was for her but didn't realise it would show in her booking as she's Blue. Dang.

SK AAR Sep 19, 2019 4:06 am

Maybe ask the pax in 62B to swap seats with your partner in 64A - or you offer to swap your seat with the pax in 64B?

crablin Sep 19, 2019 4:55 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 31541168)
Maybe ask the pax in 62B to swap seats with your partner in 64A - or you offer to swap your seat with the pax in 64B?

For sure, think that's what we'll do. Thank you.