Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Promo : Double Avios on up to 10 flights, register and book by 13 Dec 2019

Old Sep 23, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire

Looks like BA just introduced a double Avios promotion (see https://www.britishairways.com/execu...s/double-avios) for the first 10 flights flown with bookings after now until December.

However, it also looks like you can retro claim back for "sale" fares to 29th August (https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...s-double-avios) though no idea how it would be determined whether a certain ticket was a sale or not.

[Hat tip to HfP where I came across this]

Last edited by tilal6991; Sep 18, 2019 at 9:44 am
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC
The website has this line:

"This includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa. As well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair, when travelling between Europe and North America."

So its only within these regions? Not global then?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bodoing
The website has this line:

"This includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa. As well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair, when travelling between Europe and North America."

So its only within these regions? Not global then?
I think that's meant to be inclusive with all BA operated flights - i.e. it is a global promotion. Specifically see:
4.4. A Qualifying Flight is a flight with a British Airways prefix on any selling class or cabin on any British Airways operated service (excluding Reward flights or upgrades using Avios) or any flight included as part of a Qualifying Holiday
and
4.5.4. Qualifying Holiday booking example: London-Majorca-London return with a hotel would be two Qualifying Flights.

Majorca would not be a qualifying flight according to the line you linked but if you include BA flights, then it makes more sense.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: All the usual suspects
and in true BA IT fashion

Sorry

Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn't work.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
nancypants and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
and in true BA IT fashion

Sorry

Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn't work.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
Looks like they just sent out the emails for this promo (I received one ~4 mins ago) so makes sense they would be struggling :P
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by tilal6991
Looks like they just sent out the emails for this promo (I received one ~4 mins ago) so makes sense they would be struggling :P
Yep, sadly it does make sense.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I’m just getting an intelligible message when trying to register

Update: same issue when using the laptop and various browsers. Contacted GGL who have sent it through to the back office. Have had the same issue on every occasion that they set up this kind of offer, but they usually resolve it in a couple of days fingers-crossed.

Last edited by navylad; Sep 18, 2019 at 10:55 am Reason: Provide an update
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC
I had already booked 2 flights today, several hours before receiving this email. LHR-PEK return. I called BA exec helpline and they informed me that if I fill in the form here:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...s-double-avios
I would definitely be eligible for double avios, was told should post 72 hours after taking flights. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know if one books any new flights having registered for the offer, the number of avios shown under "rewards for this booking" tab in MMB will show the double points?

Thanks a lot!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Anyone figured out what 10 flights is? Used to be 10 legs... Or really 10 full directions? Or iteneraries?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by navylad
Im just getting an intelligible message when trying to register

Update: same issue when using the laptop and various browsers. Contacted GGL who have sent it through to the back office. Have had the same issue on every occasion that they set up this kind of offer, but they usually resolve it in a couple of days fingers-crossed.
I get the same message and problem. People on HfP reporting having same issue but some able to register after they clear cache and try again. But that didn't work for me although I am trying on my mobile and am not actually in the UK so I will try again next week when I am home given the offer says you have until Dec to register.

I even found the page on the BA mobile site under my offers and ckicked from.there, still won't work but I notice it mentions UK and Ireland there so possibly WiFi in my current location is the issue.

I do love BAs website and IT, not.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Anyone figured out what 10 flights is? Used to be 10 legs... Or really 10 full directions? Or iteneraries?
According to HfP it is flights, so a one way counts as 1 flight, a return is 2 flights. So effectively 5 return flights.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
If the BA website was working, I could double check but I'm pretty sure 10 flights is just that. There was an example on the site showing that four legs was four flights.

And like others, I've has the bizarre situation that I can't register but Mrs ST can (and has). Virtually identical profiles.

It is frankly astonishing the number of times the customer experience of the IT is just a FAIL.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Bodoing
I had already booked 2 flights today, several hours before receiving this email. LHR-PEK return. I called BA exec helpline and they informed me that if I fill in the form here:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...s-double-avios
I would definitely be eligible for double avios, was told should post 72 hours after taking flights. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know if one books any new flights having registered for the offer, the number of avios shown under "rewards for this booking" tab in MMB will show the double points?

Thanks a lot!
I booked two flights yesterday, and then saw this in HFP, I put my flights in the form you mentioned it seems to have worked. One is LHR-SJC, so it'll be nice if it works. Even if it's only on the base Avios.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It is a shame it is only double base avios, I just booked a return to JFK in F and will get at least one more in the period. Still, better than nothing!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Can someone explain what Base Avios means?

So if you are Bronze for example, you would get 200% Avios rather than 250%? (As Bronze get +25 Avios)

If you are flying Business does that mean you only get the Economy Avios? Sorry rather confuzzled

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.