Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How far does the Curtain go back in CE?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Andriyko
People, people do not care about the service that some here want to impose upon them as a golden standard. CE presents good value for people who pay for it.

Excellent value if i may say
As per Club Europe description 'irresistible meal options' if of course they dont run out after row 1....
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ermis177

As per Club Europe description 'irresistible meal options' if of course they dont run out after row 1....
That's definitely one from the archives! Paninis are gone since the menu changes a year ago
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:21 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Elevate
Its too much! Specifically chose a flight from IST-LHR next week based on ability to choose exit row seats in economy (curtain was only back to about 8 at time of booking). I guess the knock-on strike anticipation effects led to CE suddenty expanding to 12 rows earlier this week and we lost our exit row. Grr. Not a nice plane at all for such a long flight especially when not in CE or exit row.
That is a shame - however this is exactly why CE exists - it is totally flexible and with the demand they can and will push the curtain back. Last week I upset some person in CE VLC-LHR - I was in CE 1C. IA seeing that 1B was not occupied and with lack of a table attempted to get his Girlfriend into that seat. I said that in CE the middle seat was meant to be unoccupied. "Well you don't mind do you?" He asked clearly expecting the answer "No" and was scandalised when I said " Yes, very much!" "Oh! Right! So will you swap with her then?"

"Absolutly not"

"If it matters that much - why don't you go back and sit with her? "

"They won't swap!"

" Well" said I " that's two of us then. Not your lucky day!"

" You're not very nice are you!"

" That's me Dear"

I resumed my Kindle and ignored him. He sulked to my utmost indifference. Until Girlfriend came up front and started leaning on the front bulkhead and talking to him over me. A crew member appeared and asked her to go back to her assigned cabin. He started on about denied upgrades and how she had been in Row 6 or some such and the curtain had moved. I just plunged myself back into "Endeavour" (or maybe it was Sense8"?) and was thankful for noise cancelling Sony headphones.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Aside from charter flights on BA, does 'the curtain' ever move forwards to the front row (or indeed in front of it)?

For example they sell no CE seats at all on a flight, but lots of ET seats. Does the 'presumed imaginary in this case' curtain ever get so far forward to make it a completely ET flight?

Just wondering in light of the original question about how far it goes back, does the reverse also apply and it is all ET incl Row 1

BM
Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve seen a 2 row CE cabin go out empty (quite a few years ago) and been the only passenger in a 2 row cabin too.
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
For many years the furthest forward the curtain could be is behind Row 3 because the cabin starts to curve in, although I'm not sure if this has changed with the cabin reconfigurations and overhead screen removals etc.
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I'm sure on a domestic (without club) a few years ago the curtain was pushed all the way to the back of the aircraft.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond

Anyone who buys an airline ticket as a meal voucher gets a bad deal.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:42 am
Suspended

LH does sometimes but they are usually empty to be honest. Most european airlines are not so aggresive when it comes to sell C class in Europe. Well BA is quite good with this! You get lots of triumph of marketing with BA. They will proactively try to sell you an upgrade from 'managing your booking' to 'online check in' and also i have seen some check in desks advertising upgrades in T5.
I think it’s also cultural. I think there is a much larger set of English who are willing to pay some premium for short haul J than continental Europeans (who are more likely to view it as wasteful). Evidenced by the fact that the largest J cabins are often leisure routes. Contrast to the continent where I think most short haul J cabin pax are connecting. I think there are far fewer short haul business travelers who pay for J on the continent as well. I think that’s part cultural, part shorter average sector length and part the fact that london’s financial industry drives a lot of paid J demand that doesn’t exist in the same concentration anywhere else on the continent.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
Aside from charter flights on BA, does 'the curtain' ever move forwards to the front row (or indeed in front of it)?

For example they sell no seats at all on a flight, but lots of ET seats. Does the 'presumed imaginary in this case' curtain ever get so far forward to make it a completely ET flight?

Just wondering in light of the original question about how far it goes back, does the reverse also apply and it is all ET incl Row 1

BM
I travelled LCY/ZRH one morning last week towards the front of the ET cabin and noticed that the 2 rows in the CE cabin were empty. ET was completely full except for the seat next to me which was booked for my daughter who couldn't join me at the last moment. The ticket was non-refundable. I still checked her in and mentioned to the boarding gate staff as I was boarding that she hadn't made the flight so as not to cause them any issues. I duly travelled with the only empty ET seat next to me.
On the way back on the E190 in CE in the famed seats 2C,2D I had also checked her in but omitted to mention it at the gate. The ground staff boarded just before take-off to enquire "Where is Katie?" I told them she'd missed the flight and enjoyed the acreage to myself (although I'd rather she had been able to travel with me).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.