Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How far does the Curtain go back in CE?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 767 did go all the way back to row 25...2-2-2 rows as well!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
12 rows on a recent LHR - PMI and return. A321ceo for both. Service was good.

Do AF/KLM and LH routinely have cabins as big?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
LH does sometimes but they are usually empty to be honest. Most european airlines are not so aggresive when it comes to sell C class in Europe. Well BA is quite good with this! You get lots of triumph of marketing with BA. They will proactively try to sell you an upgrade from 'managing your booking' to 'online check in' and also i have seen some check in desks advertising upgrades in T5.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
12 rows on LHR-LIS yesterday, service was still good but they were clearly flustered by it, to quote one of the CC “there is about a thousand of you in club today!”
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
The difference was with those fully catered shuttle flights to MAN, EDI and GLA was that they had extra cabin crew. I was a regular 757 traveller between MAN and LHR and on arrival in London a couple of the cabin crew would often be saying goodbye to the rest of the team who were off to another flight even on the same aircraft type.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:56 pm

I believe that is still the case now when Club load goes over 24 I think? There was a good cabin crew "trip report" I read (I think on here) where the crew was shuffling around flights rather than on the "trip" with the rest of the crew & I've also read where people have been downgraded as the Club load had to be capped for crew reasons
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by ermis177
BA doesnt really care about good service. As long as people are still buying CE tickets and have full cabins its totally fine for BA management. They used to serve a ham and cheese panini and people kept flying with them!
People, people do not care about the service that some here want to impose upon them as a golden standard. CE presents good value for people who pay for it.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Gold

I've seen this seat map a couple of times now... does anyone know what happens with the D/E/F seats? Are they use for economy? That sounds weird!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by sammyg901
I believe that is still the case now when Club load goes over 24 I think? There was a good cabin crew "trip report" I read (I think on here) where the crew was shuffling around flights rather than on the "trip" with the rest of the crew & I've also read where people have been downgraded as the Club load had to be capped for crew reasons
Except on CityFlyer… always two crew (unless someone’s on a familiarisation flight or having a line check).

Last edited by EJetter; Sep 19, 2019 at 3:15 am
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
As above, I think there will be additional crew - not sure if it’s *an* additional crew member or members. Some routes also receive *an* extra crew member due to BOB demand and I believe sector length - ie LGW-JER on the 319 would never be 3 crew, always 4 and sometimes 5.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:36 am
Original Poster

On the flight now over an hour delayed - crew seem plentiful but not exactly busy!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
64 in Club Faro - LHR with the cabin back well beyond doors 2 on a 321 on Wednesday 11th September, the day after the last strike ended. Add in a LGW flight leaving at the same time and chaos reigned. Check in opened 2-hours prior to departure with 7 desks (3 priority, 4 traveller). There were 80 people ahead of me in the Priority queue. Check-in took 45 minutes. The lounge was completely full, with about 20 people standing, so I walked out again. There were three crew, who did their best but a constant queue at the single toilet and a crowded galley meant they had little chance of doing more than the minimum. While I did get from A to B when others the days before may not have, and everybody was doing their best, it did not feel very premium.

BA have acknowledged that the experience was unsatisfactory and made an offer so that is more than expected.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lizban
On the flight now over an hour delayed - crew seem plentiful but not exactly busy!
I can confirm that their service was good, friendly and quick, coffee was too hot to finish - that’s how quick it had to be!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Ajm1987

I've seen this seat map a couple of times now... does anyone know what happens with the D/E/F seats? Are they use for economy? That sounds weird!
This is a glitch on the IT. The rows 11 and 12 will be CE with A/C/D/F available as normal. Just appears strange on the mobile MMB.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Its too much! Specifically chose a flight from IST-LHR next week based on ability to choose exit row seats in economy (curtain was only back to about 8 at time of booking). I guess the knock-on strike anticipation effects led to CE suddenty expanding to 12 rows earlier this week and we lost our exit row. Grr. Not a nice plane at all for such a long flight especially when not in CE or exit row.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.