BA HKG Transfer Desk - Question

Old Sep 17, 19, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
BA HKG Transfer Desk - Question

Hi all,

I have a question hopefully someone can answer . I'm flying back from HKG to TXL via LHR with BA28, dep 23:45. I'm also planning to self-connect from an earlier Hong Kong Express flight, scheduled to land in HKG at 20:00. And yes, I'm planning to check-in luggage.

As the thread title suggest, has anyone any experience with a self-connection at the transfer desk in HKG with checked luggage? Without checked luggage I know they are able to print boarding passes without big problems. What about with checked luggage? Are they able to assist as well?

In any case, I think I have time to clear immigration, collect luggage and check-in for the BA flight,... but if it's possible to do a proper check-in at the transfer desk, I'd rather do that.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Old Sep 17, 19, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tobsw View Post
Hi all,

I have a question hopefully someone can answer . I'm flying back from HKG to TXL via LHR with BA28, dep 23:45. I'm also planning to self-connect from an earlier Hong Kong Express flight, scheduled to land in HKG at 20:00. And yes, I'm planning to check-in luggage.

As the thread title suggest, has anyone any experience with a self-connection at the transfer desk in HKG with checked luggage? Without checked luggage I know they are able to print boarding passes without big problems. What about with checked luggage? Are they able to assist as well?

In any case, I think I have time to clear immigration, collect luggage and check-in for the BA flight,... but if it's possible to do a proper check-in at the transfer desk, I'd rather do that.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
I think there used to be a way for you to avoid collecting checked bags by going to the connection desk. However I think someone recently asked a similar question and the answer was that service was no longer possible - so you would need to collect your bag and go landside to check it back in.

You should be able to get your bp on the app anyway.
tobsw and DiamondMile like this.
Old Sep 18, 19, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Thank you KARFA! Will have to go land-side then.

Search this Thread