Grrr Call centre today

Old Sep 17, 19, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Grrr Call centre today

Been trying all morning to change a ba holiday flight as cannot do it via the app or website but greeted with high call volume announcement due to strike rebooking. It let's you select the options then tells you they are too busy and hangs up.

I know I am a lowly blue at present and bottom of the priority to answer but why not just hang up first as opposed to wasting time selecting options. I did manage to get through once but after 30min on hold funnily enough had more important things to do.
Old Sep 17, 19, 3:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
At the moment the call centre menu is prioritising strike related issues over everything else. So if this is for travel before 28 September then by all means go for the strike option (presumably BA Holidays options are set up the same way). If it is for travel after 28 September it's probably best to leave it for a bit. Saturday and Sunday UK mornings are often quieter, as is lunchtime UK too.
navylad likes this.
Old Sep 17, 19, 3:44 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
If and when you do get through, remember the staff are dealing with lots of irate customers at the moment and it's probably not much fun going to work. Doesn't cost anything to be nice to them
Old Sep 17, 19, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
If and when you do get through, remember the staff are dealing with lots of irate customers at the moment and it's probably not much fun going to work. Doesn't cost anything to be nice to them
My experience has been that the majority of people have been very understanding, because they realise we are just there to do a job and are very busy helping people rebook.
Old Sep 17, 19, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
I agree and wouldn't take it out on the staff, just frustrating.
Old Sep 17, 19, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Silver HH Gold
Iím in the same boat, would like to price up an upgrade to First on a BA holiday while the sale is on but canít get through to anyone and Silver Line canít help as itís a package deal.
The sale will be over before the next possible industrial action which is when the call centres are likely to next pick up the phone to non urgent calls.
Old Sep 17, 19, 4:55 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
If it is a BA Holiday booking, call BA holidays rather than the Silver line. You'll probably get through far quicker.
Old Sep 17, 19, 5:06 am

The BA holiday line just has a recorded message saying they are dealing with a large number of calls and to try later. I appreciate that Iím not a top priority vs passengers who may be affected but frustrating non the less.
Old Sep 17, 19, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Just got through after 20min. Friendly chap who mentioned they have had an average of 40 calls in the queue all day.

Managed to upgrade my flight so am happy and good service all round.
KeaneJohn and HIDDY like this.
Old Sep 17, 19, 6:12 am

Did you call the 03444 930787 number. This is what the Silver Line gave me. As I said it just gives you the recorded message and then hangs up.
Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 19, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pgoodall View Post
Did you call the 03444 930787 number. This is what the Silver Line gave me. As I said it just gives you the recorded message and then hangs up.
Thanks.
Yes. Think its pot luck if the threshold is reached in terms of triggering the automated message or joining the on hold queue.
Old Sep 17, 19, 6:50 am

Thanks, I will keep trying.
Old Sep 17, 19, 7:39 am

Programs: too many
Same issue for me, have £700 waiting to be refunded from a missing bag for a couple of weeks now.
Phoned the number above, got through after 15 minutes only to be redirected to another number which appears to be...the bag tracking information, not customer service.

I'll wait until the end of the week and then chase it with Insurance
Old Sep 17, 19, 7:49 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
When I tried this a few weeks ago it always hung up. Maybe I was unlucky.

I managed to do it via a DM on twitter!
Old Sep 17, 19, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
UK Gold line on 12/09: 30/35 min for first agent. I explained my needs - not related to the strike but kind of time sensitive due to availability - and they transferred the call to another department; other 30/35 min hold, to discover it was the wrong department... and I was also put in the non-status queue.
New agent transferred the call again, so other 30/35 min on hold. This last agent confirms that what I need can be done, but it has to be done by another department. Put on hold again... after 25/30 min last agent pick it up the call again apologizing for the wait. She asks if she can transfer me again, I say yes... and the call drops. Basically 2h on the Gold line for nothing.

Next day I tried with the local office as soon as it opened, and I finally after 15 min on hold I got someone able to solve everything.

Search this Thread