Flying to Bermuda on 18/9 - Hurricane Humberto

Old Sep 17, 19, 1:07 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 44
Flying to Bermuda on 18/9 - Hurricane Humberto

Hi

I am scheduled to fly LGW-BDA tomorrow however I see the hurricane/tropical storm is going to hit the island tomorrow evening with hurricane strong winds.

I canít get hold of the gold exec line to find out what my options are. The line is always busy probably due to the strike on the 27th.

What are my options? How can I speak to ba? Checked the ba site and it says that the flight is scheduled to leave

any suggestions ??
seanwhit is offline  
Old Sep 17, 19, 1:31 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 26,471
Your option is to rebook for a different date if you want

DeathSlam likes this.
KARFA is offline  
Old Sep 17, 19, 12:46 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, CCR, Virgin Gold
Posts: 80
The storm will hit us at about midnight tomorrow night, and will move away over the course of the day on Thursday. Nearest point of approach for the storm is about 75 miles as a cat 2 / 3. They get things up and running very quickly in BDA, so it should run on Thursday.
dbthebolt is offline  
Old Sep 17, 19, 2:33 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Posts: 421
Tomorrowís flight is cancelled.

Iím hoping to fly Thursday for a long weekend away but if thatís cancelled the backlog might make Friday tricky. Fingers crossed it passes through quickly without disruption tomorrow.
GTR56 is offline  
Old Sep 17, 19, 6:20 pm
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 42,820
Now that it is cancelled, OP's options include a full refund or a rebooking at a later date.
Often1 is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 4:55 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Posts: 421
Currently on hold with BA as there is no policy in place for Hurricane Jerry which is due to hit the island Tue/Wed.

So far they are refusing to move my Tuesday flight to Monday without charging me.
GTR56 is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 6:20 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: near Heathrow
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,923
….and yet they cancel flights 15 days ahead of the strike to avoid any risk of EC261 liability!
gcuk is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 9:14 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 502
Originally Posted by GTR56 View Post
Currently on hold with BA as there is no policy in place for Hurricane Jerry which is due to hit the island Tue/Wed.

So far they are refusing to move my Tuesday flight to Monday without charging me.
Policy for Hurricane Jerry now in place.
GTR56 likes this.
cbagent is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 6:48 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Posts: 421
Originally Posted by cbagent View Post
Policy for Hurricane Jerry now in place.
Many thanks. Called back and now moved to the Monday flight.
GTR56 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread