VCE check in time

Old Sep 16, 19, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
VCE check in time

I will be flying VCE to LHR at 5:30 p'm. does anyone know if check in will be open at 3:00 p'm. or will I have to wait till 2 hours before the floght
Old Sep 16, 19, 9:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It should say in MMB under check-in / other ways to check-in for the Venice to London flight. The times shown there aren't 100% accurate, but they are normally correct.
Old Sep 16, 19, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
The BA desks will almost certainly be open at 15:00 due to the multiple daily flights BA has to various airports.
Old Sep 16, 19, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
The BA desks will almost certainly be open at 15:00 due to the multiple daily flights BA has to various airports.
The OP was talking about the check in in Venice. In my experience it is open 2 hours before scheduled departure I.e. 3:30pm.
Old Sep 16, 19, 11:43 am

Think the point still stands as BA have multiple flights departing Venice every day to Heathrow, Gatwick and City.
Old Sep 16, 19, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
They do have multiple flights out of VCE but don't have a dedicated BA only check in. It only opens for each flight. I think the staff are sub-contracted and are actually either Easy Jet or VCE airport employees.
Old Sep 16, 19, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold
VCE also has multiple self service kiosks that work for a variety of airlines including BA. I have used them more than 2 hours before my flight but I was travelling HBO.

The machine does ask if you have luggage and appears to be able to print baggage tags but I donít know what it would do if you tried this more than 2 hours before. Maybe you have to hang around with tagged baggage until the bag drop opened?
Old Sep 16, 19, 5:59 pm

The more interesting question is why anyone would want to spend an extra 30 minutes in VCE airport as opposed to an extra 30 minutes in Venice itself (or really anywhere else!)
Old Sep 16, 19, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Because sometimes you have to arrive early at an airport for a number of reasons, starting with transport time schedule?
Old Sep 16, 19, 11:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bobbytables View Post
The more interesting question is why anyone would want to spend an extra 30 minutes in VCE airport as opposed to an extra 30 minutes in Venice itself (or really anywhere else!)
The Spritz Veneziano aperitif made up in the lounge may entice some, for a mid-level airport it's one of the better third party lounges.
YacozA likes this.
Old Sep 17, 19, 12:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
The Spritz Veneziano aperitif made up in the lounge may entice some, for a mid-level airport it's one of the better third party lounges.
It's quite spacious, and as you say, it's indeed one of the better third party lounges.

It even has proper, freshly squeezed orange juice, and F&B-banned individual cubicles to work on your computer.
Old Sep 17, 19, 2:40 am

I took the 1730 last week, the check-in desks opened at 1500 prompt.

Dave

Search this Thread