Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Urgent help needed- IB flight booked through BA can’t check in!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:30 am
Original Poster

I booked return flight LHR-MAD-LHR through BA app and am flying on IB metal. Tried OLCI for the return leg MAD-LHR but BA/IB app, BA/IB website all throw up error messages.

I could wait until I arrive in Madrid (currently in HKG) and try checking in at MAD but if the CX to MAD leg is delayed then I fear missing the flight and having to pay for another one (separate tickets)

advice please?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Have you tried specifically the BA PNR - so not the IB PNR - on the Iberia App? (It's a bit flaky so you may need to do it more than once, plus the IB app has rather pregnant pauses in it).
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Have you tried specifically the BA PNR - so not the IB PNR - on the Iberia App? (It's a bit flaky so you may need to do it more than once, plus the IB app has rather pregnant pauses in it).
Thanks for the advice, I got booked in through the IB app so it’s now just a case of re-checking luggage at MAD.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:49 am

If you have bags and are on separate tickets, then you'll have to go through checkin anyway - I don't think OLCI makes any difference in this case. If the incoming flight from HKG is late you'll have to buy a new ticket anyway.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
If you have bags and are on separate tickets, then you'll have to go through checkin anyway - I don't think OLCI makes any difference in this case. If the incoming flight from HKG is late you'll have to buy a new ticket anyway.
I think CX’s policy is to check through bags on to separate oneworld bookings so the OP’s bags may already be checked through.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I think CX’s policy is to check through bags on to separate oneworld bookings so the OP’s bags may already be checked through.
Oh that's good. Glad to see an airline doing the sensible thing in this situation.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by KARFA
Correct
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
HI,

CX may even be able to print your IB/BA boarding passs at HKG ( the airport express check in at Kowloon printed out my BA boarding passes -I showed them a paper copy of my BA itinerary with the BA flight details)

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
CX and JAL are far superior in this customer centric attitude about these things. Not everything is perfect but I started collecting CX points for a reason!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.