Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA domestic in UK - with no photo ID

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying BA domestic in UK - with no photo ID

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:35 am

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by bd95
To BFS or BHD you might also be asked for ID by the police on either side under various anti-terrorist legislations.

Once I boarded a bmi flight to Belfast only to be asked by the Met behind the gate for my passport. On supplying my driving licence I was asked how long I hD been in the country for. Having been born in Belfast I replied, “since birth.” I’m not convinced they were completely enamoured with this reply but I was allowed to continue to the jetty.....
I have flown on BD to BHD with a colleague who is norn Irish. I don’t look/sound like British. No ID at LHR but police asks for everyone’s ID in BHD arrivals. We both produced a full UK driving license. He was let go and I was stopped while they checked my immigration status. He got so confused that he argued with the police officers how they could do this.

30 minutes wait it is.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, I mean I would take some ID with you just in case, your BAEC card will do, but it's not needed. In the current circumstances, the desire to look at documentation isn't what it was and domestically nothing has changed to warrant document checks.
Great, have ID, just not my divers license or passport on this occasion! Not been an issue previously, just wondered if the current climate meant there was is more of a check or info. requirement.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
I know this thread has been quiet for some time, just adding a data point: travelled LCY-EDI-LCY recently and was asked for ID at check-in both ways. I had brought some (passport) so no issue - but worth knowing that it's likely better to have it than face a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.