Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Upgrading a Chase Ultimate reward ticket with Avios.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

I want to book a ticket using Chase Ultimate Rewards (Expedia) and upgrade with Avios. It is a 125 ticket on BA metal with BA flight numbers. The outbound is available for upgrade now, but the return is not.

It looks like once I take the first flight, I will not be able to upgrade the return even though BA reissued the ticket after the first upgrade. Is that correct?

The ticket that I want is pricing out much higher on BA.com. It is an ex-EU ticket which has different fare class availability when booked in the US. I can see the fare on ITA when I select Los Angeles as sales city, so it is not a special fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.