Lounge access São Paulo

Old Sep 15, 19, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Lounge access São Paulo

I am travelling in club world to São Paulo then connecting to an internal flight which is a member of One World which only operates Economy. Booking was made through a travel agent but full journey is shown on on booking at BA.com.

My question is will I be able to use the one world lounge at São Paulo airport whilst I wait for my connecting flight.

Thank you.
Old Sep 15, 19, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
From the OW lounge access rules.

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
scottie920 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 19, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hiddy is absolutely correct about the oneworld lounge access rules. The issue is that there are no domestic LATAM lounges at GRU (or anywhere in Latin America as a matter of fact). If you have a priority pass the Gol domestic lounge in terminal 2 is quite decent.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 1:22 am
Original Poster

So I should be okay to use any of the One World Lounges in São Paulo.

i arrive terminal one and depart terminal 2.

any recommendations?
Old Sep 16, 19, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Don't think so I'm afraid - from my recollection you'll end up in the domestic departure area at where there are no lounges .. I don't think there's anyway to get back to the international departures area where LATAM ( and other OneWorld ) lounges exist as that's after outbound immigration which you won't pass if going on a domestic flight

Also I think you'll be coming in to T3 ( the new one ) on BA and going out of T2 ( the old one ) .. the domestic side of T2 is pretty small and not a lot in it ... more Food etc choices outside the landside area ( up on the top level ) if you've a longish connection
scottie920 likes this.

Last edited by EvilDoctorK; Sep 16, 19 at 2:15 am
Old Sep 16, 19, 3:26 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; SK EBG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, SPG Gold
Following lounges are available. From memory I accessed an Amex lounge which was small, had some drinks and snacks and was quiet.

https://www.gru.com.br/en/passenger/...ax/vip-lounges

KF
scottie920 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by scottie920 View Post
So I should be okay to use any of the One World Lounges in São Paulo.

i arrive terminal one and depart terminal 2.

any recommendations?
As I said, no Oneworld lounge on the domestic side. My recommendation is the Gol lounge on the Domestic side of T2 accessible via Priority pass.

Search this Thread