FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   New furniture in MAN lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1987241-new-furniture-man-lounge.html)

manord Sep 14, 19 5:19 am

New furniture in MAN lounge

Is the new furniture at MAN (mostly leather chairs rather than fabric) a recent change? Or more likely Iíve passed through several times but in my usual manner have failed to actually notice the new/different furniture!

antichef Sep 14, 19 5:26 am

EDI also about to get a refresh.

Originally Posted by manord (Post 31523720)
Is the new furniture at MAN (mostly leather chairs rather than fabric) a recent change? Or more likely Iíve passed through several times but in my usual manner have failed to actually notice the new/different furniture!

I suspect there is a "refresh" programme going on around the lounges. I met two ladies earlier this month who were sizing up the EDI lounge for a refresh, probably in about two or three months.

Genius1 Sep 14, 19 5:27 am

Photos would help in this situation!

manord Sep 14, 19 5:51 am

The leather chairs are definitely new. The question is whether itís happened in the last week or so, or whether it happened weeks (or even months) ago and Iíve just sat in them a dozen times already before my brain triggered that they were new :-)

Photos - indeed in hindsight it would have helped but Iíve boarded now ...

ThatT1Feeling Sep 14, 19 5:56 am

They've been there about 6 months I would say. It's a good change as the one all of the way around on the right near the TV was starting to be imprinted with the shape of my backside :)

Now if on'y they'd fix the wifi or the computers in the computer area!!

manord Sep 14, 19 6:09 am

Six months!

That embarrassingly means Iíll have already sat in them many times! Oops.

madfish Sep 14, 19 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 31523780)
Now if on'y they'd fix the wifi or the computers in the computer area!!

Been a few months since I was last in MAN, but why am I not surprised that these have still not be fixed?

gw76 Sep 15, 19 3:49 am

So thats GLA ABZ and MAN with minor refreshes, perhaps EDI next... where else is left?

Tobias-UK Sep 15, 19 3:54 am

Originally Posted by gw76 (Post 31526471)
So thats GLA ABZ and MAN with minor refreshes, perhaps EDI next... where else is left?

I think 'refresh' is a rather exaggerated term to describe what has been done in the MAN lounge. They have replaced some damaged furniture with some tired furniture!

Never Stansted Sep 15, 19 5:00 am

Presume nothing much will happen in MAN until they decide whether theyíre moving to the new T2.

antichef Sep 15, 19 10:28 am

deleted

jkw76 Sep 15, 19 11:29 am

The toilets could do with a refresh (or deep clean), it is starting to feel like an admirals club, which is fitting for the AA flight.