Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing refund

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Missing refund

I made a booking on August 28th, upon which I noticed a mistake on the booking, so I cancelled via MMB and requested a refund within the 24 hour period and made a new booking. BA took payment for both bookings, but I have yet to receive the refund for the cancelled booking. I received a "we are working on it" email the day I cancelled it and nothing since.

Every time I call the refund line, I can't get through to anyone as they are "experiencing high call volumes" and asking me to "please call back later" without allowing me to leave a message. Trouble is I have called 4 days in a row now at different times of the day and I get the same message! I am willing to give them some slack but its been over 2 weeks and I am out close to $3000.

Any advice on how can I escalate when I can't even get them to pick up? When I speak with a general CS agent they can only tell me that the refund is being processed by the refunds team and I need to speak with them. When they transfer me I get the same voicemail telling me to call back later.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I've found usually within 24hrs cancels on MMB the refund clears on bank as quick as the charge. I'd tweet them straight away
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:38 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Assuming you paid by credit card, you could request a charge back. That will at least get things moving at the BA end.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.