Ba just hang up !

Old Sep 12, 19, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lowly blue, sometimes Bronze
Ba just hang up !

Looking to book an open jaw avios. It can only be done by phone as a 241 Amex.

I have been calling blue line all day. We are busy due to the strike. Music. Hang up.

Any suggestions of more effective phone numbers? I appreciate they are busy but wave 1 of the strike has now past.
Old Sep 12, 19, 7:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by jeremyBA View Post
Looking to book an open jaw avios. It can only be done by phone as a 241 Amex.

I have been calling blue line all day. We are busy due to the strike. Music. Hang up.

Any suggestions of more effective phone numbers? I appreciate they are busy but wave 1 of the strike has now past.
Perseverance I suspect, whilst the first wave may have passed, more flights are now being cancelled in readiness for the next strike on 27 September.
Old Sep 12, 19, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Could you book the outbound leg online and then add the return when you eventually get through? I guess it's down to how busy the route is.
Old Sep 12, 19, 9:43 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
I gave up a couple of weeks ago and contacted them via twitter! Had all the bookings just wanted to combine the return booked with Avios to the existing outbound using a 2-4-1
Old Sep 12, 19, 10:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott GLD; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Perseverance I suspect, whilst the first wave may have passed, more flights are now being cancelled in readiness for the next strike on 27 September.
My father's 27 September flight was just cancelled about two hours back. He was on hold for about another hour to rebook, I'd imagine the phone lines are swamped at the moment.
Old Sep 12, 19, 10:28 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
I was just told the queue for the regular (blue) phone line is 100 people/phone calls long...
Old Sep 12, 19, 10:29 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
It's not a great look this for BA. There's the strikes themselves and all the disruption associated. Then there's the annoyance to various other customers, even if not directly involved in the strike. No fault of the staff. I can't get through either.
Old Sep 12, 19, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Well, it's two hours from the start of my call to the gold line.
They managed to transfer me two times through the wrong department, 30 min waiting each time just to be put on hold and transferred again... right now I am still holding to see if I can finally get the right person.
Fourth transfer is the charm?
Old Sep 12, 19, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Cruz’ cheapness strikes once again. BA have had ample opportunity to onboard and train some extra call centre agents to try and ease the impact but oh no, that’d cost money!
Old Sep 12, 19, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cameramaker View Post
Cruz’ cheapness strikes once again. BA have had ample opportunity to onboard and train some extra call centre agents to try and ease the impact but oh no, that’d cost money!
Not just. They had years to implement a better call system, which allows to register for a call back etc.
ijkh likes this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lowly blue, sometimes Bronze
So in the end I googled the gold number.

Took 15 mins the get through, agent was a bit irate but I will “do it this once”. And didn’t believe the other number was hanging up

Anyway flights to Argentina and back from chille booked 😊
Old Sep 12, 19, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA, Alaska, AA, KLM, Delta
Not even flying on a strike day and getting screwed as well...purchased online ticket...wanted to change dates during 24 hour cooling off period and cannot get through...cannot cancel online. Starting to tick me off. Also had to fly with another carrier during strike days that cost me more, did not have lounge access (a privilege I have paid for during the past year)...maybe bad timing but when it starts to affect passengers in this way ......

Search this Thread