Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Not showing as Silver but need to Book another flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA

Hi All,
I have just achived Silver status and despite my tier points reflecting this the app and website is still showing bronze. I understand it can take a few days to update to show silver. I need to book another flight quite urgently and would like to use the extra baggage you get with silver, as well as lounge access etc. My question is if I book now whilst my account shows bronze and my account then upgrades to Silver will my booking reflect the update and allow the extra baggage etc? Or do i need to wait until my account shows silver to book to get the benefits? I dont want to not get a place on the flight so would rather book now.

Thanks
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
You can book now and get Silver benefits when your status updates
Cymro likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Great Thank You
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
You can go back in to your booking once Silver has been updated to your account and make your seat selections for free in line with your new Tier of membership.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Occasionally, the status won’t update in the booking when it has in the account; if that happens it’s a case of delete and renter your BAEC details.
DreamTrip likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Your tier points reflect Silver status at 600+ points. I presume your 'Qualifying Flights' show 4. If not this may be why your account is still Bronze.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.