Connection time in LHR

Old Sep 11, 19, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Connection time in LHR

Hi all,

I'm flying with BA to LHR, landing in T5, and have a connecting flight with AA from T3.
Connection time: 1:40 hrs.
Both flights are in C, on the same ticket, and I'm traveling with hand luggage only.

Do I have sufficient connection time?
Anything special I need to take in consideration?

Tnx
Old Sep 11, 19, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
yes you have time

minimum connection time is 90 minutes, you would not have been able to purchase a through ticket that did not meet minimum connection tom

it typically takes me around 45 minutes to get from the arriving aircraft to being through security in the other terminal.

The airside bus takes around 12 minutes between the terminals.
Old Sep 11, 19, 10:17 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
No problem. Follow the purple flight connections signs. You'll take an airside bus to T3
Old Sep 11, 19, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much for the prompt reply

Do you think I'll have time for a quick lounge visit on T3 or should I head directly to the gate?
Old Sep 11, 19, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
if you inbound is on time then you should be able to grab some time in the lounge
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Sep 11, 19, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Keep an eye on the time but you should be able to manage a quick lounge visit. Gates at LHR are not displayed until an hour or less before departure, so you may not even have a gate yet when you arrive in T3.

Have a look at the dedicated T3 One World lounge thread to decide where to go. Cathay and Qantas are generally considered better than BA or AA.

Search this Thread