Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Change of date of inbound flight having flown outbound

Old Sep 11, 19, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Cineworld Unlimited

Originally booked on a revenue ticket in WT+, upgraded to CW using GUF2 voucher. LHR to EWR and JFK to LHR, originally scheduled to fly LGW to JFK but flight was cancelled so was rebooked on this service. What are my options in regards to changing the return date, having already flown the outbound? Return is scheduled for saturday the 14th but if possible would like to see if I could change to the 15th instead. Just want to know if itís at all possible before i try the busy BA call centres.

Thanks
Old Sep 11, 19, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
Pretty sure it's change fee of £100 and any fare difference. Seldom worth changing revenue tickets these days for the astronomical pricing. Stand to be corrected on this
Old Sep 11, 19, 6:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
You need to see if the underlying WT+ class is available on the flight you want.

If there is space in I/U you keep your CW seat. If not you get WTP seat. If you want CW seat and I/U isnt available youll have to pay the full difference from your WTP fare to CW fare thats available.

If the underlying WTP fare class is available then its just a change fee (no fare difference).

If the underlying WTP fare class isnt available you need to upfare to next available WTP fare class.
Old Sep 11, 19, 6:45 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
If your original fare allows changes then you will be able to change.
Old Sep 11, 19, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by TMHimself View Post
Originally booked on a revenue ticket in WT+, upgraded to CW using GUF2 voucher. LHR to EWR and JFK to LHR, originally scheduled to fly LGW to JFK but flight was cancelled so was rebooked on this service. What are my options in regards to changing the return date, having already flown the outbound? Return is scheduled for saturday the 14th but if possible would like to see if I could change to the 15th instead. Just want to know if itís at all possible before i try the busy BA call centres.

Thanks
There is a dedicated thread to offer assistance to those caught by the strike action where you may find what your looking for...

but iíd suggest on whether you Ďacceptedí the new flight, in which case youíd need to pay fare difference (calculated st time of sale as youíve already flown the outbound) and would need Avios availability for your voucher to come across with you.

if you didnít accept the change, Iíd call and likely be able to get the change.

If the former is true, it is still worth a shot calling on the off chance.
Old Sep 11, 19, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Cineworld Unlimited
Originally Posted by navylad View Post
There is a dedicated thread to offer assistance to those caught by the strike action where you may find what your looking for...

but iíd suggest on whether you Ďacceptedí the new flight, in which case youíd need to pay fare difference (calculated st time of sale as youíve already flown the outbound) and would need Avios availability for your voucher to come across with you.

if you didnít accept the change, Iíd call and likely be able to get the change.

If the former is true, it is still worth a shot calling on the off chance.
it wasnít cancelled by the strike, the outbound was on the 4th september. thanks appreciate it, will have a look at the available fare classes on EF. thanks
Old Sep 11, 19, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Peon, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by TMHimself View Post
it wasnít cancelled by the strike, the outbound was on the 4th september. thanks appreciate it, will have a look at the available fare classes on EF. thanks
Don't think that actually matters - you say the original JFK-LGW was cancelled but the reason is immaterial. All that matters is whether you have accepted the change to LHR arrival or if it's just what they rebooked you to and you haven't actually touched it... If you haven't, then they should be amenable to the change.

Search this Thread