Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unblock seat?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:37 am

Most people try to move into coveted row 64 rather than out of it. Given you have an infant so can snag the whole row (including bassinet if you wish to use it) why not stay put?

Maybe I'm biased as 64A is my preferred seat but I wouldn't want to move to 63 anything.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Most people try to move into coveted row 64 rather than out of it. Given you have an infant so can snag the whole row (including bassinet if you wish to use it) why not stay put?

Maybe I'm biased as 64A is my preferred seat but I wouldn't want to move to 63 anything.
The reason is so the 63A and 64B crossover would be easier with us being the same group.
windowontheAside likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Could BA split the booking? Infant +2 in one booking, get free seat selection in 64AB.

Silver + 1 get 63AB.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by castie
However he refused to make any changes unless I could quote my membership number or my passport number. (Never been asked for those as security questions before and didn't have access at the time)
I was also asked if I had my passport number when I called yesterday to change a booking. I didn't have it on me and it wasn't a problem, but it is the first time I've been asked. Perhaps it's part of the new Stong Customer Authentication process?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ttama
I was also asked if I had my passport number when I called yesterday to change a booking. I didn't have it on me and it wasn't a problem, but it is the first time I've been asked. Perhaps it's part of the new Stong Customer Authentication process?
I think everyone else seems to be phoning a different GGL line than me!

I have been asked for passport number on every call for probably around a year now. They always say if I don't have it they can ask something else.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I think everyone else seems to be phoning a different GGL line than me!

I have been asked for passport number on every call for probably around a year now. They always say if I don't have it they can ask something else.
I haven't had to call for a long time, so it's new to me. It really wasn't a problem, but as I never carry my passport on my person unless I'm in another country, I'll probably never remember to get it before I call.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yeah but everyone on FT - having memorised every BA flight number - has surely remembered all their passports' numbers?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yeah but everyone on FT - having memorised every BA flight number - has surely remembered all their passports' numbers?
And this is why I hardly ever post on here.

Is everyone in a snippy mood today?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient

I think the comment by C-W-S was tongue-in-cheek and very funny and not to be taken seriously.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by AJA_
I think the comment by C-W-S was tongue-in-cheek and very funny and not to be taken seriously.
I think the regular posters on here need to understand their replies can be very crushing to people who post rarely.

But hey, the big boys rule here. I'll get my coat.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

Yes, I'm sure it's a reference to that constant FT annoyance that people who have some reason to focus on one flight get into the mindset that that is the only flight of importance and therefore everyone must know from its number alone where it's coming from and going to.

My companion's BAEC account doesn't store either of the two passport numbers that might be relevant because either might be the one needed for a particular booking. So they always have to be manually entered as API, the consequence of which is that I know both of those numbers (and the relevant dates) better than I know my own passport number and dates. But at least I did manage to secure the same issue and expiry dates for my current passport as for my last one, only exactly 10 years later, which helps on those.

Inside leg measurement? I have no flipping idea. Does the GGL line ever ask for that?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Definitely tongue in cheek. But not my best effort.
AJA_ and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
To be fair, the OP phoned You-First not GGL. Having spoken to a number of different departments this week (and yes having worked in a call centre I’m aware that actually this is usually just different lines, with some operators that have that skill allocated to answering those line) but clearly the script is different depending on what line you come through on.

I don’t think BA would split the booking for the reason that the OP would lik; I.e. trying to circumvent BA policy rules, however if they were too, I would ensure that the OP is in the group without the infant, otherwise half of the group would need to pay for seat selection. You would be unable TCP since this would then reapply the policy that anyone travelling with infants can’t book an exit row, so the OP would also need to think about the rare but potential consequences in the event of IRROPS etc.
Cymro likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.