Purchasing Avios - a question

Old Sep 10, 19, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Purchasing Avios - a question

I know it's not the most effective way of doing things, just curious, I see BA are offering a 30% bonus at present on Avios bought, is this the biggest bonus BA offer when selling Avios, or have you seen a higher bonus?
Old Sep 10, 19, 6:52 am

From memory there have been 50% (?) bonuses in the recent past. When this promotion launched I recall seeing something on HeadforPoints noting that it was a poor speculative offer, unless you had an immediate need to top up to hit a specific target.
Thrifty Scotsman and AJA_ like this.
Old Sep 10, 19, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman View Post
I know it's not the most effective way of doing things, just curious, I see BA are offering a 30% bonus at present on Avios bought, is this the biggest bonus BA offer when selling Avios, or have you seen a higher bonus?

Hi,

I have seen a 35% bonus ( and possibly recall a special 40% once but not 100% sure)

Regards

TBS
Thrifty Scotsman likes this.
Old Sep 10, 19, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman View Post
I have taken advantage of a 50% previously, so I wouldn’t go for this unless you had a specific flight in mind and have done the maths!

Search this Thread