Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Trip Report: My first BA and First First Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report: My first BA and First First Experience

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC & others
Great report and what a day's outing!

I used to live near Brooklands, your visit and pictures reminded me that I need to make a revisit.
mhy likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
great report and pictures!

also glad to hear CCR service was up to snuff that morning :P
mhy likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:13 am

I loved this.
mhy likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:30 am
mhy
Original Poster

Programs: JGC
Originally Posted by VSLover
great report and pictures!

also glad to hear CCR service was up to snuff that morning :P
Thank you! It wasn't exactly super-attentive (I had known to expect that from all the reviews I've read), but they had the basics down, i.e. someone quickly noticed I seated myself at a booth and came by, stopped by a few times to ask if I needed anything else etc. I will note that no one came by while I was sitting in the terrace area, not sure if they normally do that or not.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mhy
Thank you! It wasn't exactly super-attentive (I had known to expect that from all the reviews I've read), but they had the basics down, i.e. someone quickly noticed I seated myself at a booth and came by, stopped by a few times to ask if I needed anything else etc. I will note that no one came by while I was sitting in the terrace area, not sure if they normally do that or not.
im curious about the terrace too! most times when i am on the terrace i just go to the bar to request drinks which inevitably leads to there being an attendant there when i return lol. but even when busy in CCR, i have no issue flagging down someone to ask for something which i understand here (and like at JFK) they should come to you asking if you need anything--but the reality is the CCR at T5 has never been like that.

and really liked the pics of the cabin--sometimes i forget that yes, while crammed in, the F cabin is really rather stunning IMHO.
mhy likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Thank you for your report. I enjoyed reading it.
mhy likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
It’s nice to see when F ticks all the boxes and seems you made a lot of your first trip. Did you attempt to book a spa appointment.
mhy likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Excellent TP and appreciate the many pics.

It looks like BA have partly refurbished the WTP seats (new seat shell with IFE and pocket) on the B744 instead of replacing them with the new version. Does this mean that the remote still sticks out 2 inches from the side of the seat digging into your thigh?!
mhy likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:51 am
mhy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VSLover
im curious about the terrace too! most times when i am on the terrace i just go to the bar to request drinks which inevitably leads to there being an attendant there when i return lol. but even when busy in CCR, i have no issue flagging down someone to ask for something which i understand here (and like at JFK) they should come to you asking if you need anything--but the reality is the CCR at T5 has never been like that.

and really liked the pics of the cabin--sometimes i forget that yes, while crammed in, the F cabin is really rather stunning IMHO.
It really is, easily the best looking cabin I’ve ever been on (which isn’t much lol). Very elegantly designed and oozes “Brit” if that makes any sense

Regarding CCR, everything is waiter service there so that is why it was strange that no one seemed to be doing the rounds. Granted there were probably 3 people on terrace and 10+ inside. I look forward to the JFK CCR in November.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:52 am
mhy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
It’s nice to see when F ticks all the boxes and seems you made a lot of your first trip. Did you attempt to book a spa appointment.
I had a foot massage booked initially, but the ambiance on the terrace was so nice that I canceled the appointment to maximize my time there (made phone call to First line from terrace!)
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:53 am
mhy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Excellent TP and appreciate the many pics.

It looks like BA have partly refurbished the WTP seats (new seat shell with IFE and pocket) on the B744 instead of replacing them with the new version. Does this mean that the remote still sticks out 2 inches from the side of the seat digging into your thigh?!
The seat was very comfortable and well-padded. I didn’t feel much discomfort or pain after the flight. I didn’t notice the remote, as I only used the touchscreen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.