Champagne in First Wing

Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Champagne in First Wing

I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. I mean whoever's idea this was - just genius!! I am due a soft landing this Dec, and will miss all the pop up stands and ways they try to make GF special.

(Jeeper/Canard-Duchene champagne just after security and before the lounge)

Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:49 pm

This has been in place for a good few months if I remember rightly.
Markie likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:07 pm

This was not there when we flew First to ATL at the end of July.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
The first time I noticed it was the bank holiday weekend so maybe linked to the birthday celebrations. But a lot of my flights are from LCY...
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Was very nice flying this summer, went through First Wing and was greeted by a staff member handing out glasses of champagne. Nice touch, and nice start to the journey!
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
When I went through on the A350 Madrid run I noticed that but they’ve had a table before with champagne poured out and someone standing there handing it out from time to time.

Its definitely a nice nice touch but is it needed considering there are 2 areas within a minute of entering the lounge where champagne is available.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

Its definitely a nice nice touch but is it needed considering there are 2 areas within a minute of entering the lounge where champagne is available.
Yes, that minute is 59 seconds too long
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Nice touch (which indeed has been around for a while) but genius?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
The birthday celebrations must be over, the bunting has been removed (or stolen) from the horse...
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
Yep, just had a look. Seems gone.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:52 am

Seems odd to offer champagne here. You have just come through security and need to rummage in pockets and bags to remember where your passport is, your coat is draped over one arm, you are pulling a giant carry-on whilst trying desperately to keep it’s equally large friend balanced on top, your duty free bag seems to be splitting, the newspaper is slowly slipping from under your arm and you are conducting a conference call on your phone. Then someone offers you a drink!
nancypants and ClosetoLHR like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Seems odd to offer champagne here. You have just come through security and need to rummage in pockets and bags to remember where your passport is, your coat is draped over one arm, you are pulling a giant carry-on whilst trying desperately to keep it’s equally large friend balanced on top, your duty free bag seems to be splitting, the newspaper is slowly slipping from under your arm and you are conducting a conference call on your phone. Then someone offers you a drink!
I suspect aimed at those dropping bags which can take a little longer. Last time I was there a minute’s wait for a free agent, bag drop and visa check would have left enough time to drink a small glass of fizz. I suspect even more we one if there is IRROPS and you need to be re-booked.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal

I suspect aimed at those dropping bags which can take a little longer. Last time I was there a minute’s wait for a free agent, bag drop and visa check would have left enough time to drink a small glass of fizz. I suspect even more we one if there is IRROPS and you need to be re-booked.
this offering is airside as you enter the F lounge. I don't really see the point personally unless it's staffed which it hasn't been when I have been thru.

One of the staff is perhaps missing a trick, and should get their tip jar at the ready.. Oh wait wrong thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.